Who is Eligible for TAEP?
To Be Eligible for TAEP Cost Share, applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or lawfully present in the United States.
- Be a Tennessee resident operating a farm located in Tennessee.
- Be at least 18 years old during the application period.
- Meet minimum livestock/acreage requirements for chosen program(s). Verification of minimum requirements may be requested prior to approval.
- Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
- Hay Acreage = 100 acres of hay production; first cutting only
- Row Crop Acreage = 100 acres of land in row crop production of corn, cotton, soybeans, and wheat only
- Have filed a Federal IRS Schedule F (Form 1040), Profit or Loss from Farming, within the last two years (2017 or 2018).
- Applicant will not be required to submit a copy of their Schedule F at the time of application. However, applicant may be asked to submit a copy of their Schedule F prior to TAEP approval to verify their farming operation. If your operation does not file a schedule F, please contact TAEP about alternate documentation to verify farming status.
- Have appropriate certification based on type of livestock producer.
BQA - Beef Quality Assurance Certification
- Cattle Producers (beef and dairy) must have current BQA certificate at time of application.
- BQA certification must be renewed every three years and be CURRENT at time of application.
- BQA is a two-hour educational course on cattle management and care sponsored by the Tennessee Cattlemen’s Association (TCA).
- Contact TCA for additional information on BQA classes at 615-896-2333, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.tncattle.org or your local UT Extension office, utextension.tennessee.edu.
- Online BQA courses are eligible.
PQA - Pork Quality Assurance Certification
- Swine Producers must have current PQA certificate at time of application.
- PQA Plus is a two-hour educational course on swine management and care sponsored by the Tennessee Pork Producers Association (TPPA).
- PQA certifications must be renewed every three years and be CURRENT at time of application.
- Contact TPPA for additional information on PQA Plus classes at 615-274-6533 or email@example.com.
- Dairy Producers (cattle, goats and sheep), must be permitted by TDA to be eligible as a dairy at time of application.
- Contact TDA Consumer and Industry Services Division Dairy Section, at 615-837-5536, for permit information.
Certifications and permits, as specified by program, must be completed by the applicant. No substitutions allowed. This applies to: BQA, PQA, dairy permit, and master producer certifications.