Skip to Main Content

Hemp Industry

TDA Logo

Role: The Tennessee Department of Agriculture coordinates the rules and regulations of hemp production through Tennessee's hemp program.

Contact Information: Email or call 615-837-5137.

Relevant Questions: 

  • Do I need a movement permit?
  • Can I add a growing area?
  • Can you tell me the rules?

Role: The Tennessee Hemp Industries Association is a non-profit association with the goal to provide support to state hemp farmers and businesses. 

Contact Information: Visit or email

Relevant Questions: 

  • Where can I find hemp seeds?
  • Who can I talk to that is growing near me?
  • Where can I find a processor?
UT Extension Logo

Role: UT Extension helps Tennesseans to improve their quality of life and solve problems through the application of research and evidenced-based knowledge about agriculture and natural resources.

Contact Information:

Relevant Questions: 

  • How do I plant this crop?
  • Do you have soil amendment suggestions?
  • How much water should these plants get?