|Minimum Requirements*||Certification Required to Apply||Beginning Famer Option**|
|Cattle – 30 Head
Goats/Sheep – 50 Head
|BQA – Beef and Dairy
||Available – see pp. 10 & 11|
|$2,000 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|50% Cost Share Eligible Master Courses for Livestock Equipment|
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
Goats/Sheep can be combined to meet minimum number requirement.
*Applicant must meet at least one minimum program requirement at time of application.
**This program is available for individuals qualifying for the Beginning Farmer Option.
New Equipment Only
New items cannot be previously owned.
Items purchased at an auction are considered used and are not eligible.
Replacement parts are not eligible.
1. Alley frame
3. Animal scale/indicator
4. Continuous pipe panel (10) — minimum purchase of ten (10); must be installed at the time of reimbursement
5. Corral panel (10) — minimum purchase of ten (10); portable panel, gate in frame/bow gate
6. Crowding/sweep tub
7. Head gate
8. Livestock trailer — min. 16 ft; at least one cut gate; must be titled in the applicant’s name at time of reimbursement
9. Loading chute for semi-trailer
10. Palpation cage
11. Pasture gate — min. 8 ft; heavy duty; must be installed at time of reimbursement
12. Rolling block door/alley back stop
13. Sheep wool shear — min. 3 in. wide head, min. 2,000 RPM
14. Sheep/goat fitting stand
15. Squeeze chute — carriage optional at time of purchase only
16. Tilt/roll table or hoof trimming table/chute
17. Ultrasound — accessories are optional and eligible only if purchased along with ultrasound
18. Automatic cube pellet feeder/cake feeder — scales optional at time of purchase only
19. Concrete bunk feeder (3) — minimum purchase of three (3)
20. Creep feeder — creep pen optional at time of purchase only
21. Feed bin — gravity or auger flow only
22. Feeder panel (3) — minimum purchase of three (3)
23. Hay unroller
24. Self-unloading inline hay trailer
25. Sheep/goat automatic milk feeding machine
26. Slant bar hay feeding wagon
27. GPS — display and/or receiver only
28. Pasture drag/harrow — commercially manufactured
29. Pasture sprayer — 200 gal. min. tank capacity; PTO, shaft, or hydraulic drive
30. Wick applicator/wiper — tractor/ATV attachment/mounted only
Minimum Purchase Required
The following items require a minimum number of items to be purchased to qualify for cost share reimbursement.
Item#4: Continuous pipe panel (10) — minimum purchase of ten (10)
Item#5: Corral panel (10) — minimum purchase of ten (10)
Item#19: Concrete bunk feeder (3) — minimum purchase of three (3)
Item#22: Feeder panel (3) — minimum purchase of three (3)
|Email email@example.com for additional information.|