Market News and Statistics
To help Tennessee's farmers and agribusinesses make sound marketing decisions, the Tennessee Department of Agriculture and the United States Department of Agriculture provide the Tennessee Market News Service. Tennesseans have relied on this service for many years. Trained reporters gather and disseminate complete, accurate, unbiased and up to the minute agricultural market news information depicting the current conditions of supply, demand, price, trend, movement and other information affecting the trade of livestock, grain and other commodities.
Timely and reliable information is compiled and updated several times a day through voice mail recordings via a toll-free hotline service provided by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture. The number to call is 1-800-342-8206. In cooperation with USDA, the market news service also disseminates information statewide through local media.
Tennessee Livestock Market Information
TN Livestock Market Resources
- Livestock Market Self-Reporting and Self-Grading Cover Sheet
- Livestock Market Self Reporting Template - Cattle
- Livestock Market Self Reporting Template – Goat/Sheep
Price and Market Comments
- TN USDA Market News Reports - USDA Market News
- TN Self-Reported and Self-Graded Livestock Markets
- TN Market Highlights, UT
- TN Sheep and Goat Report, USDA Market News
- Cotton Market Information, NY Cotton Exchange
- Crop Market Comments by Dr. Aaron Smith
- Grain Futures, Chicago Board of Trade
- Livestock Futures, Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Livestock Market Comments by Dr. Andrew P. Griffith
- U.S. Feeder Pig Report, USDA Market News.
- U.S. Livestock & Grain Market News, USDA Ag Marketing
- USDA Fruit & Vegetable Report, USDA Market News
- Tobacco Market News, USDA Ag Marketing Service