|Livestock Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 30 Head||BQA – Beef and Dairy||Not Applicable|
|$1,800 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|50% Cost Share Eligible Master Courses for Genetics - Cattle|
|Applicant must meet at least one minimum program requirement at time of application.
Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
1. Bulls — purchased (or leased — $500 maximum per bull)
2. AI — semen from eligible AI sires (Beef - EPD, Index and Accuracy or Dairy - LNM or PI proof required), new semen tanks, liquid nitrogen fills, synchronization cost, AI supplies & equipment, AI technician fees, and/or AI training certification
3. Bred beef heifers
Requirements - Bulls
1. BVD-PI — test negative for BVD-PI; lab results required; ear notch samples must be submitted if using TDA Kord Lab
2. 840 EID — “840” are the first three digits — available from veterinarian at time of BSE, BVD-PI, and Trichomoniasis testing
3. BSE — performed by licensed veterinarian within 90 days of purchase; Trichomoniasis testing recommended
4. Dairy — bulls and semen must meet or exceed the minimum LNM or PI requirements; AI is recommended
5. Beef — bulls and semen must meet or exceed EPD, Index and Accuracy requirements in each of two (2) EPD groups (Index or Growth + Calving Ease) for one of the following three bull types
a. Maternal/Balanced — must meet each of (2) EPD groups: Maternal Index or WW or YW + CED
b. Maternal/Calving Ease — must meet each of (2) EPD groups: Maternal Index or WW or YW + CED
c. End Product/Terminal — must meet each of (2) EPD groups: Terminal Index or WW or YW + CED
EPD, Accuracy, and Genomic Information
TAEP 2022 - 2023 EPD, Index + Accuracy Requirements will be posted in September 2022 at www.tn.gov/taep in Producer Programs under Genetics and will be included in the reimbursement packet. EPDs have changed for this application period and must be current as of October 1, 2022.
Eligible beef breeds for the TAEP Genetics program must have a national breed performance testing program that participates in a National Cattle Evaluation (NCE)program recognized by the Beef Improvement Federation. Genomic Enhanced or true NCE EPDs must be calculated and printed from the most prominent breed association.
$1,000 Maximum Reimbursement — Bulls with qualifying true NCE EPDs with a minimum 0.15 accuracy for Index or Growth + Calving Ease groups for one of the three eligible bull types
• Bulls must have true NCE EPDs with a minimum 0.15 accuracy complete on breed association pedigree to be eligible for either 35% or 50% cost share reimbursement up to $1,000.
• Breed association pedigree must be submitted with reimbursement request and include EPDs, Indices, accuracies and have a printed date between October 1, 2022 and June 1, 2023.
$1,800 Maximum Reimbursement — Bulls with eligible Genomic Enhanced EPDs for Index or Growth + Calving Ease groups for one of the three eligible bull types
• Genomic Enhanced EPD verification must be complete on breed association pedigree to be eligible for either 35% or 50% cost share reimbursement up to $1,800.
• Breed association pedigree must be submitted with reimbursement request and include EPDs, Indices, accuracies, genomic verification, and have a printed date between October 1, 2022 and June 1, 2023.
Payment may be denied if individual bulls do not have true NCE EPDs with a minimum 0.15 accuracy calculated by their breed association by June 1, 2023. These EPDs must meet or exceed minimum TAEP EPD requirements. Interim EPDs, pedigree estimates, pedigree index (ex. I, I+, P, P+ or 0.05 Accuracy), or parental averages are not eligible for reimbursement.
|Email email@example.com for additional information.|