|Livestock Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 30 Head||BQA – Beef and Dairy||Not Applicable|
|$2,000 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.|
1. Bulls — purchased (or leased — $400 maximum per bull)
2. AI — semen from eligible AI sires (EPD, PI, or LNM proof required), new semen tanks, liquid nitrogen fills, synchronization cost, AI supplies & equipment, AI technician fees, and/or AI training certification
3. Bred beef heifers
4. Breeding soundness evaluation of current bulls by Tennessee licensed veterinarian
5. Pregnancy exam — palpation/ultrasound of current herd by Tennessee licensed veterinarian
Requirements - Bulls
1. BVD-PI — test negative for BVD-PI; lab results required
2. 840 EID — “840” are the first three digits — available from veterinarian at time of BSE and BVD-PI testing
3. BSE — licensed veterinarian within 90 days
4. Dairy — bulls and semen must meet or exceed the minimum LMN or PI requirements; AI is encouraged
5. Beef — bulls and semen must meet or exceed EPD requirements in each EPD category (Calving Ease, Growth, and Maternal) for one of the following three bull types.
a. Balanced — must meet (3) of (3) EPD categories (Calving Ease, Growth, and Maternal)
b. Calving Ease — must meet (3) of (3) EPD categories (Calving Ease, Growth, and Maternal)
c. Terminal — must meet (2) of (2) EPD categories (Calving Ease and Growth); no Maternal
EPD, Accuracy, and Genomic Information
TAEP 2019 – 2020 EPD and Accuracy Requirements will be posted in September 2019 at www.tn.gov/taep in Producer Programs under Genetics and will be included in the reimbursement packet. EPDs have changed for this application period and must be current as of October 1, 2019.
Eligible beef breeds for the TAEP Genetics program must have a national breed performance testing program that participates in a National Cattle Evaluation (NCE) program recognized by the Beef Improvement Federation. Genomic Enhanced or true NCE EPDs must be calculated and printed from the most prominent breed association.
$1,200 Maximum Reimbursement — Bulls with eligible true NCE EPDs with a minimum 0.15 accuracy for Calving Ease and Growth categories for one of the three eligible bull types
- Bulls must have true NCE EPDs with a minimum 0.15 accuracy prior to purchase to be eligible for a cost share reimbursement up to the $1,200 maximum. EPDs and Accuracies must be printed on breed association pedigree.
- Breed association pedigree must be submitted with reimbursement request and include EPDs, accuracies, and have a printed date between October 1, 2019 and the date of purchase.
$1,600 Maximum Reimbursement — Bulls with eligible Genomic Enhanced EPDs for one of the three eligible bull types
- Genomic Enhanced EPD verification must be complete on breed association pedigree prior to purchase to be eligible for a cost share reimbursement up to the $1,600 maximum.
- Breed association pedigree must be submitted with reimbursement request and include EPDs, accuracies, genomic verification, and have a printed date between October 1, 2019 and the date of purchase. Other acceptable documentation includes GE-EPD logo in sale catalog or sale day supplement sheet with GE-EPDs printed from breed association website.
Payment may be denied if individual bulls do not have true NCE EPDs with minimum 0.15 accuracy calculated by their breed association at time of sale catalog printing or sale date for private treaty sales. Interim EPDs, pedigree estimates, pedigree index (ex. I, I+, P, P+ or 0.05 Accuracy), or parental averages are not eligible for reimbursement.
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.|