|Livestock Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 30 Head||BQA – Beef and Dairy||Not Applicable|
|$2,000 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.|
1. Bulls – purchased (or leased - $400 max. per bull)
2. Al - semen from eligible AI sires (EPD, PI, or LNM proof required), semen tanks, liquid nitrogen fills, synchronization cost, AI supplies and equipment, AI technician fees, and/or AI training certification.
3. Testing of current herd by Tennessee licensed veterinarian - BSE and pregnancy testing
4. Bred beef heifers
Requirements - Bulls
1. Test negative for BVD-PI (certificate required)
2. 840 EID – "840" are the first three digits - available from veterinarian at time of BSE and PI testing
3. BSE - licensed veterinarian within 90 days
4. Dairy - bulls and semen must meet or exceed the minimum LMN or PI requirements; AI is encouraged
5. Beef - bulls and semen must meet or exceed the minimum requirements for one of the following three bull types. Each bull type has a different set of EPD requirements. Evaluate bull pedigree EPDs subject to EPD requirements.
a. Balanced bulls
b. Calving ease bulls
c. Terminal bulls
EPDs have changed for this application period and must be current as of October 1, 2018.
Seedstock breeders are encouraged to print current bull pedigree once true NCE EPDs or Genomic Enhanced EPDs are posted on the breed association website and keep a copy for buyers.
Producers are encouraged to purchase registered bulls from reputable seedstock breeders who provide buyers with complete reimbursement documentation at time of purchase. This includes bull type, receipt, 840 EID, BSE, negative BVD-PI test results, and pedigree with current EPDs, accuracies, genomic status, and performance data.
Eligible beef breeds for the TAEP Genetics program must have a national breed performance testing program that participates in a National Cattle Evaluation (NCE) program recognized by the Beef Improvement Federation. Genomic Enhanced or true NCE EPDs must be calculated and printed from the most prominent breed association.
All bull types must have true NCE EPDs with minimum 0.15 accuracy for the Calving Ease (CE or BW) and Growth (WW or YW) categories. Interim EPDs, pedigree estimates, pedigree index (ex. I, I+, P, P+ or 0.05 Accuracy), or parental averages are not eligible for reimbursement.
Payment may be denied if individual bulls do not have true NCE EPDs with minimum 0.15 accuracy calculated by their breed association at time of sale catalog printing (or sale date for private treaty sales).
Genomic Enhanced EPDs must be calculated by the breed association prior to purchase for a bull to be eligible to be reimbursed subject to the $1,600 maximum. Acceptable documentation includes: pedigree, GE-EPD logo in sale catalog, or sale day supplement sheet with GE-EPDs from breed association website.
TAEP 2018 – 2019 EPD Requirements will be posted in September 2018 at www.tn.gov/taep under Genetics in Producer Programs and will be included in the reimbursement packet.
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.|