Fruit and Vegetable
Who is a Fruit and Vegetable Producer?
For the purposes of TAEP, an eligible Fruit and Vegetable operation is involved in the production of produce for sale and is aimed at increasing profitability of the operation.
• Fruit and Vegetable grower
• Pumpkin producers
• Viticulture - grape production only
Fruit and Vegetable Producer Cost Share Opportunities
Standard Producer – 35% Cost Share - $10,000 Reimbursement Maximum
All approved applicants with Fruit & Vegetable projects are eligible for 35% cost share.
There are no special requirements for 35% cost share.
Master Producer – 50% Cost Share - $10,000 Reimbursement Maximum
To be eligible for 50% cost share, approved applicants must complete special requirements prior to the program reimbursement deadline of August 1, 2021.
Special Requirements for 50% Cost Share
Option #1: Fruit & Vegetable producers
Fruit and Vegetable Educational Courses – applicant must attend (2) eligible special requirements courses
• Applicant must have participated in special requirements from 2017-2020.
• The name registered for the special requirement must be the same name as the individual applying for cost share funding.
• The Special Requirements List will be updated as new eligible courses become available.
Option #2: Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
Applicant must have GAP certification and current letter of compliance at time of reimbursement.
What Fruit and Vegetable Projects Qualify for TAEP?
The proposed activity/project must encompass quality expansion or improvement of the applicant’s farm and business. The eligible categories are: farm infrastructure, specialty equipment and marketing.
Competitive Projects - Fruit and Vegetable:
• Priority is given to long-term projects that focus on improving or increasing production.
• Marketing projects that are long-term in nature are allowed but are not considered as competitive as those involving production.
• Only complete applications that include sufficient information will be considered for evaluation.
Approved applicants will receive a revised budget with reimbursement documentation. The revised budget indicates approved items per committee review, cost share allocation amount, and status of special requirement participation. All committee decisions are final.
• Not all eligible items are listed; please contact the Producer Diversification Coordinator for project eligibility or clarification prior to applying for TAEP cost share.
• All eligible items requested may not be approved due to the competitive evaluation of the program.
• To ensure long-term investments, items requested must be able to meet the five (5) year verification period to be considered for cost share.
* Include dimensions and designs with project proposal.
Bladder press – viticulture
• Chilling units – not for AC units
• Walk-in cooler
Fan – greenhouse
• Propagation area
Hand washing stations for workers
• Shade system
Heater – greenhouse
• Controller system
• Fertigation system
• Filter system
• Frost protection
• Pond liner
• Storage tanks
Lighting – not for aesthetics
• Pavilion/retail shelter*
Must pump – fruit juices only
• Packing line/washing equipment
Permanent restroom facilities*
• Standalone structure from packing facility
• Bird control netting
• Wildlife barriers
Plastic mulch layer/ lifter
Plastic pallets (food grade only)
Production line equipment
Pruner – mechanical
Sink – produce washing
Thermostat – greenhouse
Trellis materials – berries and vines
Website development – no fees
Alcohol production equipment
Building – storage
Containers – bottles, pots, packaging
Driveways, trails, paths, roads, etc.
Fees – membership
Labor – applicant
Land – clearing of
Maintenance of existing structures, equipment, items
Motorized vehicles – ATV, forklift, tractor
Paper chain pots
Permits – or certifications
Plants – liners/plugs
Property – purchase or debt payment
Renovations of existing structures
Seeds – produce, nursery, flowers, etc.
Store – general
Trade show expenses
Trailers – livestock
Water source creation – ponds, wells
Website – annual or hosting fees
Winemaking equipment - see Value-Added Products sector
|Email email@example.com for additional information.|