Permanent Working Pen
|Livestock Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 30 Head
Goats/Sheep - 50 Head
|BQA – Beef and Dairy
|$4,000 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|50% Cost Share Eligible Master Courses for Permanent Working Structures|
|Applicant must meet at least one minimum program requirement at time of application.
Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
Goats/Sheep can be combined to meet minimum number requirement.
Permanent Working Pen — for receiving, separating, weaning, or holding livestock prior to working and/or loading
• New construction only
• New construction only; not eligible – building pen to an existing fence and/or pen
• Maximum size — 10,000 sq. ft.
• Minimum size — 420 sq. ft.
• Rails — minimum of (4) lumber/pipe rails or (3) guardrails; not eligible — portable corral/wire panels
• Multiple pens are allowed
• Eligible materials include:
— Treated lumber
• Boards (minimum 2 in. x 6 in.)
• Wood posts (minimum 6 in.)
• Guard rail
• Continuous pipe panels (minimum 16 gauge); not eligible — portable corral/wire panels
• Pipe posts
• Minimum 2 in. — 16 gauge tubes
• Minimum length 8 ft.
• Must be installed at time of reimbursement
• Labor for construction of Permanent Working Pen; not eligible — labor provided by applicant
— Labor cannot exceed 30% of total reimbursement; labor must be itemized on invoice
Reimbursements will be based upon eligible purchase. Reimbursement for labor cannot exceed 30% of total reimbursement. Material and labor costs must be itemized on invoice.
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.|