Who is an Agritourism Producer?
For the purposes of TAEP, an eligible Agritourism working farm offers on-the-farm experiences relating to production agriculture for a fee and is aimed at increasing profitability of the operation.
• Farm education (tours of production agriculture)
• Farm activities (pick your own, fee-fishing)
• Farm fun (corn maze, hay rides)
• Farm purchases (retail sales of farm’s agricultural products)
Agritourism Producer Cost Share Opportunities
Standard Producer – 35% Cost Share - $15,000 Maximum
All approved applicants with Agritourism projects are eligible for 35% cost share.
There are no special requirements for 35% cost share.
Master Producer – 50% Cost Share - $15,000 Maximum
To be eligible for 50% cost share, approved applicants must complete special requirements prior to the program reimbursement deadline of August 1, 2020. The name registered for the special requirement must be the same name as the individual applying for cost share funding.
Special Requirements for 50% Cost Share
1. Pick Tennessee Conference/Tennessee Agritourism Conference – must attend
2. Sector eligible educational course – must attend one
Applicant must have participated in special requirements from 2016-2020.
What Agritourism Projects Qualify for TAEP?
The proposed activity/project must encompass quality expansion or improvement of the applicant’s farm and business. The eligible categories are: farm infrastructure, specialty equipment and marketing.
Competitive Projects -- Agritourism:
• Emphasis is given to projects that focus on long-term public use considerations that increase opportunities for profitability.
• Marketing projects that are long term in nature and enhance outreach of the farm to the public are encouraged.
• Preference will be given to projects that focus on agricultural education and production over agricultural entertainment. Examples of agricultural entertainment include weddings, concerts, bed and breakfasts, trail rides, playgrounds, etc.
• Not all eligible items are listed; please contact the Producer Diversification Coordinator for project eligibility or clarification prior to applying for TAEP cost share.
• All eligible items requested may not be approved due to the competitive evaluation of the program.
* Include dimensions and designs with project proposal.
DVD – educational, not for resale
Hand washing stations
Handicap accessible areas*
Hayride wagon – safety or education
Lighting – public areas
Parking areas (new) – include dimensions and # of parking spots to be created
• Gravel or pavement
• Geotextile preferred for gravel
Pavilions - Educational
Public Address (PA) systems - safety or educational
Safe way areas*
Security camera system
Website development – see ineligible
Arena/Barn – livestock, storage
Bed & Breakfast projects
Building – storage
Building – show facility
Cash Registers/Point of Sale System
Containers - bottles, pots, packaging
Driveways, trails, paths, roads, etc.
Fees – membership
Flyers - promotional
Land – clearing of
Maintenance of - existing structures, gravel projects, equipment, items, parking lots, etc.
Motorized vehicles – ATV, forklift, tractor
Property – purchase or debt payment
Renovations of existing structures
Replacing existing equipment, items etc.
Salaries, Wages, Benefits
Store – for resale of goods
Trade show expenses
Trailers – livestock
Water source creation – ponds/wells
Website – annual or hosting fees
|Email email@example.com for additional information.|