Permanent Working Cover
|Certification Required to Apply
|Beginning Famer Option**
|Cattle - 30 Head
Goats/Sheep - 50 Head
|BQA – Beef and Dairy
|$4,000 Maximum Reimbursement
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share
|50% Cost Share Eligible Master Courses for Working Structures & Fence-line Systems
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
Goats/Sheep can be combined to meet minimum number requirement.
*Applicant must meet at least one minimum program requirement at time of application.
**This program is not available for individuals qualifying for the Beginning Farmer Option.
Permanent Working Cover — the purpose of this structure is to cover existing livestock working equipment and sorting pens only
• New structures — permanent structures only
• Additions to existing structures — permanent structures only; additions consist of adding square footage to an existing barn in the form of a side shed and/or extension in length
• New permanent structures or additions to existing structures; not eligible — carport/garage structures
• Minimum size of 480 sq. ft. and minimum width of 16 ft.
• Minimum eave height — 10 ft. high clearance at the outside of shortest wall
• Minimum of two openings for livestock access/movement
• Roof material — metal or polymer coated fabric
• Sides/walls (optional) — metal or wood; structure cannot be completely enclosed
• Labor for construction of Permanent Working Cover; not eligible — labor provided by applicant
• Structure must cover existing working equipment (alley, crowding system area, and head gate and/or squeeze chute) at time of reimbursement. Equipment is not eligible for cost share reimbursement.
Equipment is not eligible for cost share under the Permanent Working Structures program. However, there is a minimum setup of equipment that is required to be placed under the Permanent Working Cover at time of reimbursement.
The minimum setup of existing livestock working equipment that is required to be under the Permanent Working Cover at time of reimbursement must include:
• Crowding system area
• Head gate and/or squeeze chute
Approvals will be allocated for the maximum amount of $4,000. Reimbursements will be based on finished project up to maximum per square foot. Examples of how to calculate the reimbursement amount will be included in the reimbursement packet.
- Cost Share at 35% — Standard Producer
$3.00/sq. ft. maximum reimbursement
- Cost Share at 50% — Master Producer
$4.00/sq. ft. maximum reimbursement
|Email email@example.com for additional information.