All health plan members have access to virtual telehealth visits with health insurance benefits.
PhysicianNow and MDLive carrier sponsored 24/7 virtual medical care with non-emergency medical doctors is available when you need it. You can talk to a doctor for non-emergency medical care 24/7 by phone, computer or tablet from anywhere. The cost is less than a typical office visit when you use PhysicianNow or MDLive programs sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield and Cigna.
PhysicianNow and MDLive telehealth program costs
- PPO Members: Copay is $15
- CDHP Members: You pay the negotiated rate per visit until you reach your deductible, then the primary care office visit coinsurance applies.
Important: The costs listed above do not apply to telemedicine services received from a different program or provider.
When to use PhysicianNow or MDLive
- For non-emergency medical issues (allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold & flu, infections, fever, earaches, nausea, pink eye, sore throat).
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week — including nights, weekends and holidays
- Your doctor or pediatrician is unavailable
- It's not convenient to leave your home or work
- You are traveling and need medical care
Save time – create your user profile in advance.
Here's how to use PhysicianNow or MDLive
BlueCross BlueShield Members
- Log in at bcbst.com/members/tn_state/ and select Talk With a Doctor Now, or
- BCBSTN app -- Click the Talk With a Doctor Now button
- Or, call 888.283.6691
More information is on bcbst.com/members/tn_state/
- MyCigna.com -- Log in and click the Connect Now button, or
- myCigna app -- click the Find Care & Costs button and select "Talk to a Doctor 24/7"
- Or, call 888.726.3171
More information is on cigna.com/stateoftn
Provider Based Telehealth
Some providers now offer telehealth services to current and new patients. This allows you to connect with a primary care provider or specialist for the same consultation and services as an in-person visit. Ask your provider if this is an option for you. The cost is the same as an in-person visit copay or deductible/coinsurance depending on your plan.
Behavioral health virtual visits are also available through Optum, your behavioral health care vendor. Standard office visit costs apply. For more information, go to the behavioral health webpage at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/health-options/behavioral-health.html.