24/7 care — when you need it
All health plan members have access to the state-sponsored Telehealth program. You can talk to a doctor by phone or computer from anywhere, at any time.
When to use Telehealth
For non-emergency medical issues (allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold & flu, infections, fever, ear aches, nausea, pink eye, sore throat).
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week — including nights, weekends and holidays
- Your doctor or pediatrician is unavailable
- It's not convenient to leave your home or work
- You are traveling and need medical care
State-sponsored Telehealth program costs
- PPO Members: Copay is $15 (in-network)
- CDHP Members: You pay the negotiated rate per visit until you reach your deductible, then the primary care office visit coinsurance applies.
Important: You must pre-register with your network carrier (BCBST or Cigna) and go through the network carrier programs (PhysicianNow, MDLive, Amwell) to use the state-sponsored Telehealth program for medical services. The costs listed above do not apply to Telemedicine services received from a different program or provider. There is no coverage for telephone consultations, unless you use PhysicianNow, MDLive or Amwell through your network carrier.
To pre-register, contact your carrier
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST) Members
- Log into BlueAccess at bcbst.com
- Look for and select PhysicianNow
- Or, call 888.283.6691
- Log into MyCigna.com
- Look for MDLive or Amwell and select the vendor of your choice
- Or, call 888.726.3171 for MDLive or 855.667.9722 for Amwell