24/7 care — non-emergency medical doctors available when you need them
Numerous telemedicine and virtual visit services are being advertised on podcasts and in emails from other healthcare providers and vendors. Charges for these services range from annual membership to per visit fees and may or may not be covered depending on the provider. However, members already have access to carrier-sponsored medical Telehealth programs through BCBST and Cigna at affordable costs. Keep reading for more information.
All health plan members have access to the carrier-sponsored medical Telehealth programs through BCBST and Cigna. You can talk to a doctor by phone, computer or tablet from anywhere, at any time. The cost is less than a typical office visit.
When to use Telehealth
- For non-emergency medical issues (allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold & flu, infections, fever, ear aches, nausea, pink eye, sore throat).
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week — including nights, weekends and holidays
- Your doctor or pediatrician is unavailable
- It's not convenient to leave your home or work
- You are traveling and need medical care
Save time - sign up in advance or register when you schedule your appointment through your carrier-sponsored programs offered by BCBST (PhysicianNow) or Cigna (MDLive or AmWell).
Carrier-sponsored Telehealth program costs
- PPO Members: Copay is $15 (in-network)
- CDHP Members: You pay the negotiated rate per visit until you reach your deductible, then the primary care office visit coinsurance applies.
Important: You must go through the network carrier programs (PhysicianNow, MDLive, Amwell) to use the carrier-sponsored Telehealth program for medical services. The costs listed above do not apply to Telemedicine services received from a different program or provider. There is no coverage for telephone consultations, unless you use PhysicianNow, MDLive or Amwell through your network carrier.
To sign up in advance or register, contact your carrier. Here's how:
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST) Members
- Log into BlueAccess at bcbst.com/members/tn_state/
- Look for and select Talk With a Doctor Now
- Or, call 888.283.6691
- Log into MyCigna.com
- Look for MDLive or Amwell and select the vendor of your choice
- Or, call 888.726.3171 for MDLive or 855.667.9722 for Amwell
Virtual Visits are also available through Optum, your behavioral healthcare vendor. Standard office visit copays apply. For more information, go to the behavioral health webpage at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/health-options/behavioral-health.html.