24/7 virtual medical care — non-emergency medical doctors available when you need them
All health plan members have access to virtual medical Telehealth programs. You can talk to a doctor for non-emergency medical care, 24/7, by phone, computer or tablet from anywhere, at any time. The cost is less than a typical office visit when you use PhysicianNow or MDLive programs sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield (BCBST) and Cigna.
When to use Telehealth
- For non-emergency medical issues (allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold & flu, infections, fever, ear aches, nausea, pink eye, sore throat).
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week — including nights, weekends and holidays
- Your doctor or pediatrician is unavailable
- It's not convenient to leave your home or work
- You are traveling and need medical care
Save time – create your user profile in advance.
BCBST and Cigna sponsored Telehealth program costs
- PPO Members: Copay is $15 (in-network)
- CDHP Members: You pay the negotiated rate per visit until you reach your deductible, then the primary care office visit coinsurance applies.
Important: You must go through the BCBST and Cigna programs (PhysicianNow, MDLive) for medical services. The costs listed above do not apply to Telemedicine services received from a different program or provider.
Here's how to use Telehealth:
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST) Members
- Log in at bcbst.com/members/tn_state/ and select Talk With a Doctor Now, or
- BCBSTN app -- Click the Talk With a Doctor Now button
- Or, call 888.283.6691
More information is on bcbst.com/members/tn_state/
- MyCigna.com -- Log in and click the Connect Now button, or
- myCigna app -- click the Find Care & Costs button and select "Talk to a Doctor 24/7"
- Or, call 888.726.3171
More information is on cigna.com/stateoftn
Virtual visits are also available through Optum, your behavioral healthcare vendor. Standard office visit costs apply. For more information, go to the behavioral health webpage at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/health-options/behavioral-health.html.