(state and higher education employees | retirees if enrolled in the state’s retiree group health plan and receiving a monthly pension from TCRS based on own service or participating in a higher education optional retirement plan | local education and local government employees contact agency to see if agency participates)
The state offers two voluntary vision options through Davis Vision. Members pay the full monthly premium.
In 2022, premiums will stay the same.
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a,m. to 3 p.m. CT
Basic Client Code: 8155
Expanded Client Code: 8156
Members can request additional ID cards by contacting Davis Vision or by using the Davis Vision mobile app. Employees new to coverage, or who change or transfer plans, will receive new ID cards.
You can choose from two vision options:
- Pays for your eye exam and various allowances, or dollar amounts, for materials such as eyeglass frames, lenses, contact lenses, etc.
- Includes greater allowances and additional materials versus the Basic Plan.
With both plans, you pay copays and coinsurance on materials or other services when the cost exceeds the allowed dollar amount.
In-network and out-of-network benefits are available. You'll save money when visiting a provider in Davis Vision’s network.
It is important to check the network for your provider and other providers in your area. You can look for your provider by going to davisvision.com/stateoftn.
Both plans offer the same services, including:
- Routine eye exam once every calendar year
- Frames once every two calendar years
- Choice of eyeglass lenses or contact lenses once every calendar year
- Discount on LASIK/refractive surgery
- Discount on hearing aids (includes free hearing exam) through Your Hearing Network
Additional benefits, based on the plan you choose, include:
- Zero copay for single vision, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular lenses purchased at an in-network location.
- Free pair of eyeglass frames from any Davis Vision’s Exclusive Collection, which includes fashion, designer and premier selections under the in-network Expanded Plan.
- Free pair of fashion selection eyeglass frames from Davis Vision’s Exclusive Collection under the in-network Basic Plan. Designer and premier selections have $15 and $40 copays, respectively.
- Free pair of frames at Visionworks retail locations.
- There is a 40% discount off retail under the in-network Expanded Plan and a 30% discount off retail under the in-network Basic Plan for an additional pair of eyeglasses, except at Walmart, Sam’s Club or Costco locations.
- There is a 20% discount off retail cost of an additional pair of conventional or disposable contact lenses under the in-network Expanded Plan.
- One-year warranty for breakage of most eyeglasses.
Additional lens and coating benefits
- High Index Lenses -- 1.74
- Progressive Lenses -- Ultimate Tier
- Anti-reflective Coating -- Ultimate Tier
- Premium Scratch-resistant Coating
- Digital Single Vision Lenses
- Trivex Lenses
- Blue Light Filtering (Coatings & Lens Options)
- Scratch Protection Plan
General limitations and exclusions that are not covered under the vision plan:
- Treatment of injury or illness covered by workers' compensation or employer's liability laws
- Cosmetic surgery and procedures
- Services received without cost from any federal, state or local agency
- Charges by any hospital or other surgical or treatment facility and any additional fees charged for treatment in any such facility
- Services by a vision provider beyond the scope of his or her license
- Vision services for which the patient incurs no charge
- Vision services where charges exceed the amount that would be collected if no vision coverage existed
Note: If you receive vision services and materials that exceed the covered benefit, you will be responsible for paying the difference for the actual services and materials you receive.
NOTE: A complete description of the benefits, provisions, conditions, limitations, and exclusions for the Davis Vision Basic and Expanded plans will be included in their respective Certificate of Insurance. If any discrepancies exist between the information listed above and the legal plan documents, the legal plan documents will govern. We recommend you review these documents. The documents are available at www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/publications/publications.