The state offers voluntary vision benefits through Davis Vision.
- It is important to check the network for your provider and other providers in your area. You can look for your provider by going to http://www.davisvision.com/stateofTN. There is not a specific network name to enter.
- There are many added values to voluntary vision benefits, including an increased allowance for frames, lenses and contact lenses.
You can choose from two vision options
Offers discounted rates and allowances for services.
Provides services with a combination of copays, greater allowances than the Basic Plan and discounted rates.
Note: Local education and local government members should check with their agency benefits coordinator to see if vision insurance is available.
Both plans offer the same services, including:
- Routine eye exam once every calendar year
- Frames once every two calendar years
- Choice of eyeglass lenses or contact lenses once every calendar year
- Discount on LASIK/refractive surgery
Additional benefits, based on the plan you choose, include:
- Zero ($0.00) copay for single vision, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular lenses purchased at an in-network location.
- Free pair of eyeglass frames from any Davis Vision’s “The Exclusive Collection”, which includes “Fashion, Designer and Premier” Selections under the in-network Expanded Plan.
- Free pair of “Fashion Selection” eyeglass frames from Davis Vision’s “The Exclusive Collection” under the in-network Basic Plan. “Designer” and “Premier” Selections have $15 and $40 copays respectively.
- Free pair of frames at Visionworks retail locations.
- 40% discount off retail under the in-network Expanded Plan and 30% discount off retail under the in-network Basic Plan for an additional pair of eyeglasses, except at Walmart, Sam’s Club or Costco locations.
- 20% discount off retail cost of an additional pair of conventional or disposable contact lenses under the in-network Expanded Plan.
- One year warranty for breakage of most eyeglasses.
The Basic and Expanded plans are both managed by Davis Vision. In-network and out-of-network benefits are available. You will receive the maximum benefit when visiting a provider in Davis Vision’s network.
Click here for a comparison of the plans' benefits.
For questions about Vision Insurance you can go to http://www.davisvision.com/stateofTN. To review benefits for the plans, use these plan codes.
- Basic Client Code: 8155
- Expanded Client Code: 8156
You can also call Davis Vision at 800.208.6404, Mon – Fri, 7 a.m. -10 p.m.; Sat, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sun, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., Central Time.
As with other voluntary products, the state's vision insurance is an employee-pay-all option. This means the state does not pay any part of the premium. Members are responsible for the full premium.
General limitations and exclusions that are not covered under the vision plan:
- Treatment of injury or illness covered by workers' compensation or employer's liability laws
- Cosmetic surgery and procedures
- Services received without cost from any federal, state or local agency
- Charges by any hospital or other surgical or treatment facility and any additional fees charged for treatment in any such facility
- Services by a vision provider beyond the scope of his or her license
- Vision services for which the patient incurs no charge
- Vision services where charges exceed the amount that would be collected if no vision coverage existed
Note: If you receive vision services and materials that exceed the covered benefit, you will be responsible for paying the difference for the actual services and materials you receive.