The annual enrollment period is held yearly in the fall.
2018 Annual Enrollment Dates: October 1-26 for State, Higher Education, Local Education and Local Government Retirees
Changes in coverage become effective on the following January 1. If eligible, during this time you can:
- Change your health insurance option*:
- Premier PPO
- Standard PPO
- Limited PPO (local education and local government only)
- CDHP/HSA (state and higher education only)
- Local CDHP/HSA (local education and local government only)
- Change your health insurance carrier and network:
- BlueCross BlueShield Network S
- Cigna LocalPlus
- Cigna Open Access Plus (monthly surcharge applies)
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for your eligible dependents (retiree must be enrolled on the health insurance plan to add a dependent to coverage)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between retiree dental options (if you are a TCRS or higher education ORP retiree)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between retiree vision options (if you are enrolled on the retiree group health plan and you are a TCRS or higher education ORP retiree)
All eligible retirees who have some level of group health coverage for either themselves or covered dependents are sent general information on available healthcare options, premiums, a listing of benefit changes and service areas for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following January 1. After annual enrollment, in most cases you can only add or cancel coverage if you lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year.
A qualifying event or family status change is something that results in a covered person becoming newly eligible for other coverage. Examples include birth, marriage, divorce and new employment. If you or your covered dependent(s) experience one of these events and need to make changes to your coverage, or you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage and who qualifies, contact your Benefits Administration.
*Limited PPO is available to local education and local government retirees only. If enrolled in a CDHP/HSA, retirees and COBRA participants do not qualify for state HSA funds.