- Annual Enrollment for 2022 benefits has ended.
- Details for Annual Enrollment for 2023 benefits will be posted in the summer of 2022.
- Change your health insurance option*
- Change your health insurance carrier and network
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for your eligible dependents (retiree must be enrolled in the health insurance plan to add a dependent to coverage)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between retiree dental options (if you are a TCRS retiree based on your own service or higher education ORP retiree)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between retiree vision options (if you are enrolled in the retiree group health plan and you are a TCRS retiree based on your own service or higher education ORP retiree)
*Limited Preferred Provider Organization is available to local education and local government retirees only. If enrolled in a consumer-driven health plan/health savings account (CDHP/HSA), as a retiree or a COBRA participant, you do not qualify for state HSA funds.
All eligible retirees who have some level of group health coverage for either themselves or covered dependents are sent general information on available health care options, premiums, a listing of benefit changes and service areas for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following January 1. After annual enrollment, in most cases you can only add or cancel coverage if you lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year.
A qualifying event or family status change is something that results in a covered person becoming newly eligible for other coverage. Examples include birth, marriage, divorce and new employment. If you or your covered dependent(s) experience one of these events and need to make changes to your coverage, or you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage and who qualifies, contact Benefits Administration.