All health plan members have access to virtual telehealth visits with health insurance benefits.
Teladoc and MDLive carrier-sponsored virtual health care services with non-emergency medical doctors are available when you need them. You can talk with a doctor for non-emergency care 24/7 by phone, computer or tablet from anywhere. The cost is less than a typical office visit when you use the Teladoc or MDLive programs sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield and Cigna.
Teladoc and MDLive telehealth program costs
- PPO Members: Copay is $15
- CDHP Members: You pay the negotiated rate per visit until you reach your deductible, then the primary care office visit coinsurance applies.
Important: The costs listed above do not apply to virtual health care services received from a different program or provider.
When to use Teladoc or MDLive
- For non-emergency medical issues (allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold & flu, infections, fever, earaches, nausea, pink eye, sore throat).
- Your doctor or pediatrician is unavailable
- It's not convenient to leave your home or work
- You are traveling and need medical care
Teladoc and MDLive services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — including nights, weekends and holidays.
Save time – create your user profile in advance.
Here's how to use Teladoc or MDLive
BlueCross BlueShield Members
- Log in at bcbst.com/members/tn_state/ and select Talk With a Doctor Now, or
- BCBSTN app -- Click the Talk With a Doctor Now button
- You can also call 800.835.2362
More information is on bcbst.com/members/tn_state/
- MyCigna.com -- Log in and click the Connect Now button, or
- myCigna app -- click the Find Care & Costs button and select "Talk to a Doctor 24/7"
- You can also call 888.726.3171
More information is on cigna.com/stateoftn
Provider Based Telehealth
Some providers now offer virtual health care services to current and new patients. This allows you to connect with a primary care provider or specialist for the same consultation and services as an in-person visit. Ask your provider if this is an option for you. The cost is the same as an in-person visit copay or deductible/coinsurance depending on your plan.
Behavioral health virtual visits are also available through Optum, your behavioral health care vendor. Standard office visit costs apply. For more information, go to the behavioral health webpage at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/health-options/behavioral-health.html.