Health Insurance Carrier Network Information
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and Cigna, our health insurance carriers, administer our network options. Both carriers offer expansive networks of providers. For additional information about participating hospitals, please carefully review the hospital lists provided below.
Choose one of these networks of providers (doctors, hospitals, facilities) for your medical care.
- BlueCross BlueShield Network S
There is no additional cost for this network.
- Cigna LocalPlus (LP)
There is no additional cost for this network. This is a smaller network than Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP).
- Cigna Open Access Plus
This is a large network. You have the choice of more providers, but you pay more each month. A monthly surcharge is included in the premium for the OAP:
$40 more each month for employee only coverage
$40 more each month for employee+child(ren) coverage
$80 more each month for employee+spouse coverage
$80 more each month employee+spouse+child(ren) coverage
Check the network status of your preferred providers
Each network has providers (doctors, hospitals, facilities) throughout Tennessee and across the country. Providers within the networks can and do change during the year. It's important to check the networks carefully for the doctor(s) and hospital(s) you want when making your network selection. Once you make a choice, you are in this network for the entire year.
Note: if you use providers outside of the network, you will be charged out-of-network rates.
Find out if your providers are in the 2019 networks:
- Call carriers' member services:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee — 800.558.6213
- Cigna — 800.997.1617
- Download a PDF of 2019 participating network hospitals*:
- Search for your providers online through the carriers’ websites*:
- Download a PDF of the provider directory:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Directory - 2019
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Directory - 2018
- Cigna LocalPlus Directory - 2018
- Cigna Open Access Plus (monthly $40/$80 surcharge applies) - 2018
- Here are PDFs of the 2018 participating network hospitals*:
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Cigna LocalPlus
- Cigna Open Access Plus (your premium will be $40 or $80 more each month)
*NOTE: The information in the PDF participating hospitals lists and printed directories is only 100 percent accurate the day it is sent to print. Providers and facilities in the carriers' networks can change. You can check the network status of your preferred providers by calling BCBS or Cigna member services or by using the online provider search on the carrier webpage.
The carriers' covered services are generally the same whether you choose BlueCross BlueShield or Cigna. For some procedures, different medical criteria may apply based on the carrier you select. For detailed information on covered services, exclusions and how the plans work, view the insurance carriers' member handbooks, available on the Publications page. If you have questions about medical criteria for a specific service, contact the carriers’ member services.