2018 Wellness Program Update: The prolonged litigation affecting the wellness program has ended. However, because of the time it takes to complete the contract award process and implement the contract, we will be unable to operate a wellness program in 2018. The Insurance Committees approved canceling the wellness program for 2018 at their May 24th meeting.
What that means for members is that we will not have any wellness services in 2018. This includes the cash incentive that state and higher education members could earn for completing wellness activities. As soon as we have a target start date for the 2019 program, we will share that information.
- Click here to go to the Diabetes Prevention Program webpage.
- Weight Watchers at Work discounts and fitness center discounts offer affordable ways for members to improve their health.
- Additional wellness and fitness discounts are available through the ParTNers for Health Wellness Program. All members have access to wellness and fitness center discounts through your health insurance network carrier (BlueCross BlueShield or Cigna). Go to the carrier’s website found on the Customer Service page to learn more.
- Note: Cigna members will have access to a Cigna nurse advice line by calling the phone number on their ID card and asking for the 24 Health Information Line. BlueCross BlueShield does not have a nurse advice line available.
And don’t forget — with your health plan you won’t pay anything for eligible preventive care – it’s covered at 100% as long as you use an in-network provider. Members are encouraged to get age appropriate preventive services, which could include:
- annual preventive visit (i.e., physical exam)
- cholesterol test
- screening for colon cancer
- annual well-woman visit
- osteoporosis screening
- screenings for breast or cervical cancer (women only)
- screening for prostate cancer (men only)
- flu vaccine
- pneumococcal vaccine
Talk to your doctor to find out what screenings and tests are right for you.