No Surprises Act & Transparency in Coverage
Machine-readable Files and the Federal Transparency in Coverage Rule
Machine-readable files are available as required by the Federal Transparency in Coverage Rule. They include in-network negotiated rates and out-of-network allowed amounts. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Options for opening the JSON files:
- Windows: Notepad
- Mac: Apple TextEdit
- Download the file(s) and save as a PDF
Cigna Link: Use www.ticmrf.com/62-6001445 to access the State of Tennessee Group Insurance Program files.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Link:
- From the landing page, www.bcbst.com/tcr, click on the link for “ASO”. This will download a Directory JSON File for all self-funded plans.
- After the Directory download completes, a list of Group Names and their associated Table of Contents URLs will display.
- Search the Directory file by Group Name “State-of-Tennessee”.
- Copy and paste the “State-of-Tennessee” Table of Contents URL into your browser to extract the Table of Contents schema, which includes the State of Tennessee Group Insurance Program in-network and out-of-network MRFs.
Optum Link: https://transparency-in-coverage.optum.com/
Use search term “STATE-OF-TN” for State of Tennessee Group Insurance Program files.
State Group Insurance Program Members: For information about the cost of services, your best option is to contact BCBST, Cigna or Optum customer service teams at the numbers listed below.
- BCBST: 800.558.6213
- Cigna: 800.997.1617
- Optum: 855.437.3486