CF238-00 Building Construction for Fire Prevention (7)
This is a 1 day course: 7 hours of instruction. This course prepares the student to develop a better understanding of modern building construction methods as they relate to fire prevention, which will enable the student to make well informed decisions during plans review, Inspections and pre-plans that will enhance safety and effectiveness.
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- IFSTA 3rd Edition, Building Construction Related to the Fire Service (Optional)
- IFSTA 3rd Edition, Building Construction Related to the Fire Service
- Demonstrate an understanding of building construction as it relates to fire safety, building codes, fire prevention, code inspection, and plans review.
- Discuss building variables as they relate to fire development
- Explain communication of fire and the ways in which it occurs.
- Discuss building failure, structural integrity, building systems, and design deficiencies as building design considerations.
- Discuss methods of determining fire resistance and the limitations of each method.
- Discuss the concept of fire load and its impact on building construction types.
- Analyze the hazards associated with the various types of building construction.