CF237-00 Contemporary Codes from Historic Fires (4)
This course reviews several historical fires which have influenced the formation and revision of certain code requirements. The codes which have since been affected include egress, life safety, occupant load, finishes, mechanical, and automatic sprinkler systems, among others. There have been a variety of reactions to these disasters and thorough studies which help shape the ever-evolving codes. This course is designed to highlight the background of some contemporary codes to give meaning and purpose to their enforcement.
- $40.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspections)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- 2012 International Fire Code
- Review multiple historic building fires which have influenced code evolution
- Understand the changes which have been implemented due to historic fires
- Enhance students’ understanding of some of the codes enforced by inspectors
- Establish an awareness of the potential of future disasters to affect code development