CF225-00 Courtesy Inspections for Firefighters (16)
This class covers the inspections offered by many fire department personnel which are not classified as official inspections. These courtesy inspections include identification of elements not in compliance with locally adopted building and fire codes which affect fire and life safety. These inspections also include suggestions on better techniques or equipment which may be implemented for the owners’ and occupants’ protection. This class promotes an understanding of the fire and life safety requirements in the NFPA, IFC, and IBC, and develop code navigation skills to support the inspectors’ visual identification of hazards.
- $134.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspection)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- IBC (2012 ed.)
- IFC (2012 ed.)
- NFPA 101 (2012 ed.)
- Provide an understanding of basic fire and life safety requirements of NFPA 101.
- Provide an understanding of basic fire and life safety requirements of IFC and IBC.
- Provide an understanding of the difference between relying on memory vs. code navigation.
- Provide an understanding of the nature of a thorough courtesy inspection.