CF235-01 Fire Inspection for Places of Religious Worship (3)
This class offering takes a look at the various problems encountered when performing fire and life safety inspections in “places of religious worship”. These occupancies can present new and different challenges unlike other occupancy fire inspections. Some of the topics to be discussed with code references are as follows;
Communications and language barriers, scheduling/unannounced
Obstructed means of egress, sacred or no access areas
Kitchen areas (warming vs cooking)
Open flames and ceremonial candles
Interior decorations, art work etc.
Special events, revival tents and structures
Large and small places of religious worship, and such in houses and strip malls
Fire protection systems
Other topics such as signage, laundry areas, sheltering of the homeless, etc. may be discussed time permitting. Pictures, videos, code references and fire instructor experiences will enhance the fire inspector’s knowledge to better recognize the hazardous conditions that may exist in a church.
- Please contact TFACA for pricing information
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- 2018 International Fire Code and the 2018 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- Define Assembly Occupancy Classifications.
- Recognize Communications and language barriers, scheduling/unannounced
- Identify Obstructed means of egress, sacred or no access areas
- Define Kitchen areas (warming vs cooking)
- Describe Open flames and ceremonial candles
- Identify Interior decorations, art work etc.
- Inspecting Special events, revival tents and structures
- Inspecting large & small places of religious worship, and such in houses and strip malls
- Inspecting Fire protection systems