CF248-00 - Risk Reduction for Fire & Building Officials (7)
This course is an overview of strategies to reduce fire loss in Tennessee. This presentation will include an in-depth look at the roles of fire and building departments, smoke alarm installation programs, and the various risk models used to identify fire risk in Tennessee. The presentation will also include an examination of approaches to a community risk reduction plan, which aims to provide local fire departments with customized mitigation strategies to help them reduce fire loss in their community, working in conjunction with building officials and inspection personnel. Strategies discussed will also include safe-smoking practices, educating the public about the speed of fire, and specialized initiatives.
Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Provide an overview of the fire loss problem
- Explore strategies for mitigation
- Analyze results of those mitigation strategies
- Review potential Community Risk Reduction Plans
- Encourage cooperation between Fire and Building Departments to reduce fire risk.Provide an overview of the fire loss problem