CF203-04 Fire Inspector I (70)
This course is for students who would like to learn the fundamentals of Fire Inspector I, and obtain their State Fire Inspector certification. Fire safety codes and fire inspection techniques will be explored using the Jones & Bartlett publication “Fire Inspector – Principles and Practice”, NFPA standards, IFC, and IBC in order to prepare students for successful completion of the in-class mandatory certification testing that includes: one TFACA exam, two FFC Practical Exercises, and one FFC Final Exam. The course is compliant with the Fire Inspector 1 parameters of NFPA 1031 Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner.
- Note - Successful completion and passing of certification process with the Tennessee Firefighting Personnel Standards and Education Commission testing does not authorize individuals to conduct inspections within the State of Tennessee as a certified inspector as authorized by the State Fire Marshal’s Office. A separate licensure is needed to meet requirements to perform inspections as set forth by the rules presently adopted by the Fire Marshal’s office.
- Additionally, this course does not address qualifications listed in NFPA 1031 for Fire Inspector II & III or Plans Examiner I & II.
- $560.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspection)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Upon completion student is eligible to test for Fire Inspector I Certification with the TN Firefighting Personnel Standards and Education Commission.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- IFSTA Fire Inspection & Code Enforcement 8th Ed.
- 2015 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code (Or current edition used in jurisdiction)
- 2015 International Fire Code (Or current edition used in jurisdiction)
- 2015 International Building Code (Or current edition used in jurisdiction)
- Learn behavior expected of a Fire Inspector 1
- Learn the tools of a Fire Inspector 1
- Learn the inspection and reporting techniques of a Fire Inspector 1
- Learn the use of codes and standards typically assigned to a Fire Inspector 1