CF220-01 - '15 Mechanical Systems and Codes for Fire Officials (7)
This course instructs fire service and inspection personnel on the basic elements and function of mechanical systems and the relevant requirements of the 2015 IMC and the mechanical portions of the 2015 IRC. Particular emphasis is placed on elements of mechanical systems with greater influence on the causes and prevention of building fires.
- $64.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspection)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
Course ObjectivesUnderstand different types of mechanical systems in commercial buildings
- Understand different types of mechanical systems in residences
- Enable inspectors to trace the path of combustion where mechanical systems are involved
- Show potential hazards and safeguards of mechanical systems within the system
- Show potential hazards and safeguards of mechanical systems along means of egress
Allow inspectors to discuss the terms, components, and function of mechanical systems