Team Building Activities
Working for a Healthier Tennessee has created a number of activities and challenges for each of our focus areas. You can use these as-is or easily customize them for your department. If you need assistance with customizing a challenge to meet your needs, please reach out to your WFHTN Wellness Coordinator. Once you've completed an activity or challenge, please ask participants to fill out this survey so we can create the best possible wellness programs and activities for you.
You can use this sign-up sheet and this customizable flier for most challenges you host.
Most of our activity and challenge trackers are fillable PDF forms for your convenience. In some cases, the fillable format will not work, so we have created step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process of completing these activities electronically.
- Are You Puzzled? - Employees will have to work together to complete a jigsaw puzzle.
- Focus Word Breathing - An easy, calming and stress-relieving activity
- Getting to Know Your Team - Employees will learn fun/interesting facts about one another in this fun guessing game.
- Here4TN Coloring Pages - Mindfulness Coloring Page and Got Stress? Coloring Page
- Joy Jar - A joy jar will help employees focus on the many joys in life and allow them to share those joys with co-workers.
- Laughter Yoga - Get the room giggling with feel-good endorphins! (Request example exercises at WFHT.TN@tn.gov)
- Let's Tell a Story! - Employees will work together to create a fun story.
- S.M.A.R.T. Goal Worksheet
- Speed Networking - An easy activity to help a group of individuals get to know each other. In this activity, participants will spend one-minute rounds asking others health and wellness-related questions.
- Wellness Wheel
- WFHTN Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
- WFHTN Well-being Scavenger Hunt
- WFHTN Wellness Word Scramble (Answer Key)
- WFHTN Wellness Word Search
- Word Picture Puzzles
- Battle of Air Bands - Move over karaoke! Split your group into teams of 2-4 and have them pick a song to do their best impression of while performing it with "air instruments" and lip-syncing.
- Beach Ball Toss - Employees will learn more about each other by answering questions.
- Charades - Test participants' acting skills in a fun environment.
- Desk Stretches
- Office Exercises
- Pass the Baton Relay - Work as a team to complete a walking relay. Each person will complete a leg of the relay.
- Stretch Break - Incorporating a stretch break into a meeting or workday is an activity that allows employees to gain more movement in their day while also enhancing range of motion and muscle control, improving workflow and productivity, and cultivating overall well-being.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt - Employees attemp to beat the clock to find specific items around their office workspace or home workspace.
- Walking Club - A walking program can help employees improve their health and encourage them to increase their physical activity. It is the simplest, positive change individuals can make to effectively improve heart health. Schedule a time to meet and walk while you get to know your co-workers.
- Walking Meeting - Hosting a walking (or strolling) meeting is an activity that allows attendees to gain more movement in their day while also being productive, sparking creativity and alertness, and improving overall well-being.
- Who or What Am I? - A guessing game where participants hold or tape cards (with a character or item on it) to their head. Participants will walk around gathering clues about their card and try to guess who or what is on their card.
- Physical Activity Trivia - Email WFHT.TN@tn.gov to schedule webinar.
- Breakfast Crossword (Answer Key) - Test your breakfast knowledge with this crossword puzzle.
- Eat Your Veggies Word Scramble (Answer Key) - Enjoy this quick activity to test your veggie knowledge!
- Fats & Oils Quiz (Answer Key) - Test your nutrition knowledge on fats and oils with this 14-question quiz.
- Food Label Activity - For this activity, either provide food labels*, have employees bring in food labels, and/or have employees search online for food labels. Separate food labels into stations and break employees into pairs/groups to fill out the Food Label Activity Sheet. First to complete the Food Label Activity Sheet most accurately, wins! *Food labels could include (but are not limited to) a popular cereal brand, soda, bag of chipss, etc.
- Grocery Store Challenge (Tracker) - Looking for a longer lasting team building activity? Gather teams and encourage them to compete in this challenge!
- Holiday Food Word Search (Answer Key) - See how quickly you can find these traditional holiday foods!
- Label Me Healthy Crossword Puzzle (Answer Key)
- Taste Test (Taste Test Scoring Sheet) - Hold a taste test and encourage employees to work in teams to guess what they are tasting. *Be sure to ask employees about food allergies BEFORE having them participate in any blind taste test.