Working for a Healthier Tennessee has created a number of activities and challenges for each of our focus areas. You can use these as-is or easily customize them for your department. If you need assistance with customizing a challenge to meet your needs, please reach out to your WFHTN Wellness Coordinator. Once you've completed an activity or challenge, please ask participants to fill out this survey so we can create the best possible wellness programs and activities for you.
Most of our activity and challenge trackers are fillable PDF forms for your convenience. In some cases, the fillable format will not work, so we have created step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process of completing these activities electronically.
- Breakfast Crossword (Answer Key) - Test your breakfast knowledge with this crossword puzzle.
- Eat Your Veggies Word Scramble - Enjoy this quick activity to test your veggie knowledge!
- Fats & Oils Quiz (Answer Key) - Test your nutrition knowledge on fats and oils with this 14-question quiz.
- Food Label Activity (Tracker) - Get to know the foods you're eating a bit better with this activity. Earn points for nutritious choices!
- Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt (Tracker) - Find each grocery item listed by visiting a grocery store and/or local farmer's market.
- Holiday Food Word Search (Answer Key) - See how quickly you can find these traditional holiday foods!
- How to Host a Healthier Potluck - Here's a checklist to help you and your co-workers throw a fun, healthier potluck at your next office gathering.
- Nutrition Jeopardy - Test your employees' nutrition knowledge with this virtual Nutrition Jeopardy! This short game is great as an ice breaker or team building activity and can be conducted via WebEx. Please reach out to WFHT.TN@tn.gov for the instructions.
- Portion Distortion Quiz - Do you know how much portion sizes have changed over the last 20 years? Take this quiz to test your knowledge!
- Taste Test (Taste Test Scoring Sheet) - Encourage employees to engage in healthier eating habits in the workplace by introducing them to new foods with this challenge!
- 5-A-Day Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - This four-week challenge focuses on increasing fruits and vegetables as part of a healthy diet.
- 48-A-Day Water Challenge - This water-only challenge encourages participants to drink at least 48 ounces of water each day.
- Better Beverage Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - This four-week challenge is aimed at hydrating healthier by gradually cutting back on high-calorie drinks and adding in better-for-you options.
- Bite-Sized Changes Challenge (Habit Journal) - In this challenge, participants will be making small (bite-sized) changes to improve their overall eating habits.
- Create a Healthier Plate (Food Journal) - This four-week challenge encourages participants to make most of their meals well-balanced and more closely resemble the USDA's ChooseMyPlate. Participants will fill in a food journal throughout the challenge.
- Exotic Fruit Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - This two-week challenge allows participants to work on their two-a-day fruit habit by completing as many squares as they can on the tracking sheet.
- Fall Fruit & Veggie BINGO (BINGO Board) - Enjoy more fruits and vegetables in the fall by filling in a complete row of squares (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) in four weeks' time in honor of National Fruits & Veggies Month!
- Flavor of the Week Challenge (Worksheet) - Take on this challenge to try new-to-you foods and recipes to expand your personal palate and increase your opportunity to receive all the nutrients necessary for optimal health!
- Go for the Gold (Tracking Sheet) - Earn gold medals for making healthier choices when eating.
- Go Lean with Protein Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - This four-week challenge encourages employees to practice healthier habits by making healthier protein choices, most of the time.
- Healthy Eating Challenge Starter Kit (Sample Tracking Sheet) - Want to host a healthy eating challenge, but not seeing one that's perfect for you? Use this starter kit to help develop your own challenge with the help of your WFHTN Regional Wellness Coordinator.
- Meatless Monday Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - This challenge can be celebrated any time and focuses on overall healthy eating habits while decreasing meat intake. Use the tracking sheet to monitor your progress!
- Pack/Plan-A-Snack Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - For one week, try to plan/pack a healthier snack and keep track of what you snack on and any emotions felt while snacking.
- Serving Savvy Challenge (Tracking Sheet) - Want to better understand serving sizes to support your individual health goals? The four week Serving Savvy Challenge will take you through some essential steps to get there!