Working for a Healthier Tennessee gives employees the tools and support they need to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three areas: physical activity, healthy eating and well-being.
The Working for a Healthier Tennessee initiative aims to create a healthy, positive workplace. This program shows how taking small steps can help achieve a larger goal. Our mission, vision and values drive this initiative.
- Mission: Support healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility.
- Vision: Create a culture of wellness that reduces health risks and lowers health care costs.
- Values: Learning, stewardship, accountability, innovation and dedication.
Each State of Tennessee department has a Wellness Council. This is a team of employees who plan and monitor activities to promote good health for their co-workers. You’re not on your own. Your Wellness Council will have an assigned Wellness Coordinator from our team. Your Wellness Coordinator will provide the following:
- Weekly Emails: We send weekly messages containing information about monthly health observances and other relevant health and wellness information.
- Monthly Handouts: We send a monthly handout with an action item from the activity planner.
- Monthly Webinars: We host a webinar with the Wellness Councils discussing activity planners, ideas to implement during health observances, sharing ideas and successes and upcoming events.
- Social Media: We are on multiple social media platforms and update them regularly with news about upcoming events, health observances, wellness tips, motivation and more.
- Water Cooler Talks: Each quarter we hold a webinar or in-person meeting with the Wellness Councils to hear their latest updates, feedback and successes.
- Website: We regularly update this website with info about our initiative, recipes, credible resources, challenges, deskercises and more.
- Quarterly Activity Lists: We send a quarterly activity list that Wellness Councils can use as a framework for their programming.
Are you interested in learning more or joining your department's Wellness Council? Email us at WFHT.TN@tn.gov.
Working for a Healthier Tennessee is just one of your wellness options as a state employee. We have created this graphic to highlight each option to help you get the resources you need.