The goal of Working for a Healthier Tennessee is to encourage and enable state employees to lead healthier lives. It is supported by the ParTNers for Health Wellness Program and the ParTNers Employee Assistance Program, Here4TN.
Working for a Healthier Tennessee gives employees the tools and support they need to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The Working for a Healthier Tennessee initiative aims to create a healthy, positive workplace. This program shows how taking small steps can help achieve a larger goal. Our mission, vision and values drive this initiative.
- Mission: Support healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility.
- Vision: Create a culture of wellness that reduces health risks and lowers health care costs.
- Values: Learning, stewardship, accountability, innovation and dedication.
Each State of Tennessee department has a Wellness Council. This is a team of employees who plan and monitor activities to promote good health for their co-workers. You’re not on your own. Our team provides the following to each Wellness Council:
- Weekly Emails: We send weekly messages containing information about monthly health observances and other relevant health and wellness information.
- Monthly Handouts: We send a monthly handout with an action item from the activity planner.
- Monthly Webinars: We host a webinar with the Wellness Councils discussing activity planners, ideas to implement during health observances, sharing ideas and successes and upcoming events.
- Social Media: We are on multiple social media platforms and update them regularly with news about upcoming events, health observances, wellness tips, motivation and more.
- Water Cooler Talks: Each quarter we hold a webinar or in-person meeting with the Wellness Councils to hear their latest updates, feedback and successes.
- Website: We regularly update this website with info about our initiative, recipes, credible resources, challenges, deskercises and more.
- Monthly Activity Planners: We send a monthly Activity Planner that Wellness Councils can use as a framework for their programming.
Are you interested in learning more or joining your department's Wellness Council? Email us at WFHT.TN@tn.gov.