Welcome to Working for a Healthier TennesseeHelping state employees with healthy eating, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, tobacco cessation and well-being
Welcome to Working for a Healthier TennesseeHelping state employees with healthy eating, physical activity, TOBACCO CESSATION and well-being
Welcome to Working for a Healthier TennesseeHelping state employees with healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco cessation and WELL-BEING
Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of Tennessee with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and well-being.
The initiative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Events & Activities
Live Workouts & Breaks with WFHTN
Please sign this digital waiver prior to the live workout.
- Thriller Walking Workout: Thursday, October 28 from 1-1:15 p.m. Central Click here to join.
- Mindfulness Break with Morgan: Tuesday, November 2 from 1-1:15 p.m. Central Click here to join.
- Cardio & Strength Circuit for ALL Fitness Levels with Wellness Coordinator Kayla: Tuesday, November 9 from 9:30-9:45 a.m. Central (Dumbbells optional for strength exercises. Water bottles or canned goods also make good small weights.) Click here to join.
- Brain Games (Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving Kahoot!): Tuesday, November 16 from 1-1:15 p.m. Central Click here to join. (Password: gametime)
Weekly Yoga for All on Wednesdays at 12-12:15 p.m. Central
- Join your fellow state employees for a 15-minute live virtual seated yoga class each week that is suitable for beginners and relaxing for all fitness levels. No special equipment or attire is needed - just a chair! Contact your Wellness Coordinator or email WFHT.TN@tn.gov for the link.
- Turn up your speaker (on your phone or computer).
- To focus on the presenter, if you're using the desktop version of WebEx, click layout in the top right of the WebEx screen and change from grid to focus. You can then "lock" the view. Click here for tips from the WebEx help center.
- Share this WFHTN 101 handout with your co-workers to help them better understand Working for a Healthier Tennessee.
- Notes and presentation slides from previous Wellness Council webinars are archived on this website. Click here to see them!
- Every month we add new recipes to our website. Click here to browse recipes!