Welcome to Working for a Healthier TennesseeHelping State employees with healthy eating, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY and tobacco cessation
Welcome to Working for a Healthier TennesseeHelping State employees with healthy eating, physical activity and TOBACCO CESSATION
Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The initiative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
2021(all times are Central)
Wellness Council Webinar 9-9:30 a.m.
Team Talk 9:30-9:45 a.m.
- May 6
- June 3
- July 1
- August 5
- September 2
- October 7
- November 4
- December 2
Events & Activities
Live Workouts & Breaks with WFHTN
Please sign this digital waiver prior to the live workout.
- Livestreamed Stretch: Thursday, April 29 at 1-1:15 p.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx.
- Moderate-High Intensity Cardio/Core Circuit with Kayla: Tuesday, May 4 at 9:30-9:45 a.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx.
- Low-Intensity Cardio/Core Circuit with Kayla: Tuesday, May 4 at 10-10:15 a.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx.
- Mental Health Break (Trivia) with Morgan: Thursday, May 13 at 1-1:15 p.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx. We'll be using the platform Kahoot. In order to get the most out of Kahoot, it's ideal you use a second screen, such as a phone or second computer monitor. This is because you need to be able to see both the WebEx screen and your personal Kahoot screen to answer the questions. The game pin will be provided the day of trivia. The top three will be awarded a WFHTN stress ball!
- Resistance Bands for Strength Training with Kayla: Tuesday, May 18 at 9-9:15 a.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx. (Optional) Resistance band if you want to do the exercises.
- Cardio and Strength Circuit with Kayla: Tuesday, May 18 at 9:30-9:45 a.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx. (Optional) Dumbbells (water bottles or canned goods make good light weights)
- Livestreamed Office Stretch: Thursday, May 27 at 1-1:15 p.m. Central: Click here to join the WebEx.
Weekly Yoga for All on Wednesdays at 12:30 Central
- 15-minute live virtual, seated yoga class suitable for beginners and relaxing for all fitness levels. Each class will be led by a different certified yoga teacher, who is also a state employee! Click here to join the WebEx. The session password is yoga.
- Be sure to turn up your speaker (on your phone or computer).
- In order to focus on the presenter, if you're using the desktop version of WebEx, you can click layout in the top right of the WebEx screen and change from grid to focus. You can then "lock" the view. Click here for tips from the WebEx help center.
- Share this WFHTN 101 handout with your co-workers to help them better understand Working for a Healthier TN.
- Notes and presentation slides from previous Wellness Council webinars are archived on this website. Click here to see them!
- Every month we add new recipes to our website. Click here to browse recipes!