Employee Assistance Program
(state and higher education employees and retirees | local education and local government members enrolled in medical insurance)
#4Mind4Body Webinar Series Continues August 13!
· Aug. 13 – Blow Away Your Old Exercise Habits
· Sept. 16 – Tobacco/Nicotine Free Living
· Oct. 20 – Social Isolation and Loneliness
· Nov. 9 – Care for the Caregiver
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and behavioral health benefits are administered by Optum®.
NEW Behavioral Health ID cards!
In early January, Optum mailed behavioral health ID cards to the head of contract and included additional cards for those enrolled in behavioral health. The intent of these cards is to reduce or eliminate member and provider confusion about where claims or inquires related to behavioral health benefits should be directed. Members should present this card to their mental health professional just as they present the medical card when seeking medical care.
EAP services are offered at no cost to those individuals eligible to participate. Get five EAP visits, per problem, per year at no cost to you. Available in person or by virtual visit.
State and Higher Education: EAP services are available to all benefits-eligible employees and their eligible family members, even if they are not enrolled in medical insurance. Note – The five EAP visits per year per issue are per individual. Members are ineligible for EAP visits while they are currently receiving Behavioral Health services.
State Only: With your manager's approval, you may use up to 10 hours of work time each year to see an EAP provider.
Local Education, Local Government, COBRA and Retirees: EAP services are available to those who are enrolled in medical insurance. Dependents are eligible even if they are not enrolled in medical insurance. Note – The five EAP visits per year per issue are per individual. Members are ineligible for EAP visits while they are currently receiving Behavioral Health services.
Master’s level specialists are available around the clock to assist with stress, legal, financial, mediation and work/life services. They can even help you find a network provider, a plumber who works nights, services for your elderly parents, theater tickets, all-night pharmacies and so much more.
- Preauthorization is required to utilize your Employee Assistance Program. Simply call 855.437.3486 or go to Here4TN.com to obtain your preauthorization. If you prefer to access services over the phone, telephonic counseling is available as well as face-to-face appointments.
EAP sessions are available through virtual visits. Virtual visits allow you to get the care you need sooner, in the privacy of your home. Call 855-Here4TN for assistance with an EAP authorization and a referral to an EAP virtual visits provider licensed in Tennessee.
Optum also offers confidential and anonymous access to a wide variety of information and resources on their website at Here4TN.com or by calling 855.437.3486.
Take Charge at Work
A telephonic coaching program that helps members with depression improve performance at work.
- All State and Higher Education benefit eligible employees, over the age of 18
- All Local Education and Local Government State health insurance plan members, over the age of 18
- Dependents over the age of 18, eligible for EAP, and who are working either full/part time
Working with a coach over the phone, learn to manage symptoms of depression and stress in the workplace―so you can feel productive again. And it’s available at no additional cost to you as part of your Employee Assistance Program. To learn more or find out if you qualify by taking the assessment, go to Here4TN.com. Click here for the program flier.
Services and Resources
- Work/Life Services – Call 855-Here4TN to find support and referrals for adult/elder services, convenience services, child/parenting services and life learning.
- Legal, Mediation and Financial Services – Call 855-Here4TN to request a no cost consultation and discounted rates for legal, mediation and financial assistance
- Legal and Mediation– One 30-minute telephonic or in-person consultation per issue at no cost and ongoing representation by an attorney or mediator at a 25% discounted rate.
- Financial – One telephonic consultation (30 to 60 minutes) per issue per year
- Online Resources – access via Here4Tn.com
- Over 5,000 articles, videos, podcasts, webinars and newsletters
- Self-assessments and personal plans
Here4TN EAP can deliver onsite and web trainings to your employees — more than 50 trainings are available for groups of 15 or more. To access the training catalog and the online training request form, please go to the “Leaders” section on Here4TN.
Licensed management consultants are available 24/7 to help leaders with workplace and employee challenges and opportunities. All licensed mental health professionals have a master’s degree and 3-4 years of EAP experience. They can provide coaching and support on a range of workplace issues such as job performance, substance use and inappropriate workplace behavior.
Critical Incident Response Services (CIRS)
An unexpected loss or trauma can affect your entire workplace. Optum has a specialized critical incident intake team available by phone 24/7. Specialists can usually be on-site to provide support within 24-72 hours of the event. The top reasons to provide this resource include grief counseling, reductions in force and medical emergencies/accidents.
*This service is confidential in accordance with the law.