Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and behavioral health benefits are administered by Optum®.
EAP services are offered at no cost to those individuals eligible to participate. Receive five EAP visits, per problem, per year at no cost to you.
State and Higher Education: EAP services are available to all benefits eligible employees and their eligible family members, even if they are not enrolled in medical insurance. Note – The five EAP visits per year per issue are per individual.
State Only: With your manager's approval, you may use work time up to 10 hours annually, to see an EAP provider.
Local Education, Local Government, COBRA and Retirees: EAP services are available to those enrolled in medical insurance as well as their benefits eligible (not necessarily enrolled) dependents.
Master’s level specialists are available around the clock to assist with stress, legal, financial, mediation and work/life services. They can even help you find a network provider, a plumber who works nights, find services for your elderly parents, theater tickets, all-night pharmacies and so much more.
- Preauthorization is required to utilize your Employee Assistance Program. Simply call 855.437.3486 or go to Here4TN.com to obtain your preauthorization. If you prefer to access services over the phone, telephonic counseling is available as well as face-to-face appointments.
EAP sessions are now available through virtual visits. Virtual visits allow you to get the care you need sooner and in the privacy of your home. Call 855-Here4TN for assistance with an EAP authorization and a referral to an EAP virtual visits provider licensed in Tennessee.
Optum also offers confidential and anonymous access to a wide variety of information and resources on their website at Here4TN.com or by calling 855.437.3486.
In addition, your ParTNers EAP can deliver onsite trainings — more than 70 different trainings are available for groups of 15 or more. To access the training catalog and the online training request form, please go to the "Leaders" section on Here4TN.com.
Take Charge at Work
You have access to a telephonic coaching program designed to help people with depression improve performance at work. Working with a coach over the phone, employees learn to manage symptoms of depression and stress in the workplace―so they can feel productive again. And it’s available at no additional cost to you as part of your Employee Assistance Program. To learn more or find out if you qualify by taking the assessment, go to Here4TN.com. Click here for the program flier.
Services and Resources
- Work/Life Services – Call 855-Here4TN to find support and referrals for adult/elder services, convenience services, child/parenting services and life learning.
- Legal, Mediation and Financial Services – Call 855-Here4TN to request a no cost consultation and discounted rates for legal, mediation and financial assistance
- Legal and Mediation– One 30-minute telephonic or in-person consultation per issue at no cost and ongoing representation by an attorney or mediator at a 25% discounted rate.
- Financial – One telephonic consultation (30 to 60 minutes) per issue per year
- Online Resources – access via Here4Tn.com
- Over 5,000 articles, videos, podcasts, webinars and newsletters
- Self-assessments and personal plans
Here4TN EAP can deliver onsite and web trainings to your employees — more than 250 different trainings are available for groups of 15 or more. To access the training catalog and the online training request form, please go to the “Leaders” section on Here4TN.
Here are just a few examples of available training topics:
- Collaborative communication
- Healthy Aging
- Generations @ Work
- Documents for life
- The Sandwich Generation
- Resiliency for working parents
- Healthy Food on a budget
- Stress Management 101
- Estate Planning
- Personal finance boot camp
Licensed management consultants are available 24/7 to help leaders with workplace and employee challenges and opportunities. All licensed mental health professionals have a master’s degree and 3-4 years of EAP experience. They can provide coaching and support on a range of workplace issues such as job performance, substance use and inappropriate workplace behavior.
Critical Incident Response Services (CIRS)
An unexpected loss or trauma can affect your entire workplace. Optum has a specialized critical incident intake team available by phone 24/7. Specialists can usually be on-site to provide support within 24-72 hours of the event. The top reasons to provide this resource include grief counseling, reductions in force and medical emergencies/accidents.
*This service is confidential in accordance with the law.