Greek Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 16 minutes to prep; 2 hours to chill
- 16 ounces short pasta (i.e. rotini, bow ties, penne)
- ¾ long English cucumber (diced)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 red or orange bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup sliced, pitted olives
- ½ cup feta cheese (cubed)
- 1/3 cup red onion (diced)
DRESSING: 1 cup bottled Greek vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
To add more fiber, try whole wheat pasta instead of white! The amount of sodium in this recipe will depend on whether bottled or homemade dressing is used.
Per serving: 328 calories; 2 g fiber; 32 g carbohydrates
Recipe source: www.spendwithpennies.com