Lighter Red Beans & Rice
You can prepare this in the slow cooker or on the stovetop.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1lb dried red kidney beans
- 7 cups water
- cooked brown rice, for serving
- Place the first eight ingredients into a four-quart crockpot and cook on high for 7.5 hours.
- Remove the lid partly for the last 30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Per serving: 450 calories
Recipe source: https://iowagirleats.com/not-so-fat-tuesday-lighter-red-beans-rice-crock-pot-recipe/