- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 1/2 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly oil or coat 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and oil until well combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffins and cool completely.
1 muffin per serving
163 calories; 7g fat; 1g saturated fat; 165mg sodium; 23g carbs; 1g fiber; 3g protein; 13g sugar; 50% Vitamin A