Preparing for Renewals
The annual renewal process, also known as redetermination or reverification, is required by the state and federal government to make sure people on TennCare are still eligible. After being on hold for three years, TennCare members and providers can start preparing today.
Members, make sure TennCare has your correct contact information and open all mail, emails, or texts from TennCare.
Unwinding Data Reports: Unwinding Facts | April Renewal Report | May Renewal Report | June Renewal Report | July Renewal Report | August Renewal Report |September Renewal Report|October Renewal Report|November Renewal Report
What can members do now to prepare for renewals?
- Verify your contact information with TennCare by visiting TennCareConnect.TN.gov or calling 855-259-0701.
- Find your renewal date on TennCare Connect or by calling 855-259-0701.
- Be sure to open and respond to all mail, emails, or texts from TennCare.
- Sign up for TennCare Connect, TennCare’s free, online portal (TennCareConnect.TN.gov) and select your communication preferences (text, email, mail, etc.)
- Download the TennCare Connect app onto your mobile device to access notices and information quickly.
- Every TennCare member is assigned a renewal month. You can view your renewal month online at TennCare Connect or by calling 855-259-0701.
- TennCare will first attempt to auto-renew your health care coverage at the start of the renewal month using data like SNAP eligibility and IRS information. If TennCare can verify that you still qualify, you will receive a notice that your coverage was renewed.
- If TennCare cannot auto-renew coverage using existing data, you will receive a pre-populated renewal packet by mail or a notification by email, depending on your selected preference.
- You can complete the renewal packet in any of these ways:
- by phone,
- by mail,
- by fax, or
- any Department of Human Services (DHS) county office can send your completed packet and proof to TennCare or you can use their kiosk to complete online.
- You will have 40-days to complete the packet.