TennCare for Members & Applicants
If you don’t have TennCare and want to see if you can get it now, you can apply by using TennCare Connect. TennCare Connect is a self-service portal that allows applicants and members to create an account, check your status, report changes, read letters, and more!
For more information on how to apply for TennCare, go to How Do I Apply for TennCare?
Do you need help applying for TennCare? There are four ways that you can get help:
- You can call TennCare Connect for free at 855-259-0701 to get help over the phone.
- You can go to any DHS office in any of Tennessee’s 95 counties. A trained staff person there will help you apply. Call 866-311-4287 to find a DHS office near you.
- You can get help from private groups. To find someone near you, call 866-475-7879.
- If you have a disability, someone can even come to your house to help you apply for TennCare. Just call your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) at 1-866-836-6678.
For more information about applying go to How do I apply for TennCare.
TennCare Connect is a self-service portal that allows applicants and members to create an account, check your status, report changes, read letters, and more!
Do you think you might qualify for lower cost public health insurance? Using TennCare Connect, you can apply for TennCare or CoverKids (Children's Health Insurance Program, CHIP), or get help with paying your Medicare costs through Medicare Savings Programs (MSP). These programs are managed by the State of Tennessee and help cover medical expenses for people who are low income and meet other rules.
For more information about Eligibility go to:
Do you want to apply for Katie Beckett? You must create a TennCare Connect account and apply online. You can find answers to common questions on how to apply in the How to apply for Katie Beckett FAQ.
You can call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701 if you already have TennCare, but you have questions. Or if you don’t have TennCare, but you have questions. These may be about things like:
- Applying for TennCare
- Reporting a change
- Completing a Renewal Packet
- Need help filing an appeal
If you have coverage and need help getting health care, call your health plan.
Go to Members & Applicants for more information.
Do you need to send us a document or an application? Go to How Do I Apply for TennCare? for more information.
- The 1095-B is an IRS tax document. You can use it as proof you had qualifying health care coverage (also called minimum essential coverage). Do you need a 1095-B for you or someone else in your household? Tell us. You can ask us to send you one for each person in your household who had coverage with us last tax year.
- Find out how to get your health coverage tax document and answers to common questions in The 1095-B FAQ.