TennCare, like all Medicaid agencies, is required to renew every member’s coverage once a year. Renewals mean TennCare must review members’ information to make sure they still qualify for coverage.
How will the renewal process work?
When it’s your month to renew, TennCare will try to renew your health care coverage using information we already have. If you are approved, you will get a letter saying your health coverage will continue.
Here’s how to find your renewal month.
What if TennCare cannot renew your coverage with information we already have? You will receive a letter and renewal packet by mail. If you get your letters from TennCare by email, your message will tell you to log in to your TennCare Connect account. The renewal packet will include information you’ve already given to TennCare. To complete your renewal packet, review the information we have and tell us what has changed. You must complete your TennCare renewal packet by the date listed in your letter. To renew, you must:
- Make sure TennCare has your current address. Confirm or update your address at TennCareConnect.TN.gov or call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701.
2. Complete your renewal by the date listed in your letter.
3. Open all mail, emails or texts from TennCare and follow the instructions.
1. Make sure TennCare has your correct contact information. You can update it using TennCare Connect or by calling 855-259-0701.
- Don’t have a TennCare Connect account? You can create one at TennCareConnect.tn.gov and link the account to your case. You can also sign-up for text and email alerts.
- To access notices and information quickly, download the TennCare Connect app onto your mobile device.
2. Find your renewal date. Your renewal is due once per year. Find your renewal date online from your TennCare Connect account or by calling 855-259-0701.
3. Open and respond to all mail from TennCare. You must complete all the steps by your renewal date, or your coverage will end.
There are 5 ways to renew your coverage after you get your renewal packet:
1. Use TennCare Connect to complete your renewal online. Go to TennCareConnect.TN.gov and log in to your TennCare Connect account. Then click “Renew my Benefits”. If you don’t have an account yet, you can set one up now!
2. Call TennCare Connect for free at 855-259-0701 to renew your coverage over the phone.
3. In-person you can visit the Department of Human Services (DHS) in your county to submit your documents or use the kiosk to complete your renewal online. Visit the DHS office locator or call 866-311-4287 to find a DHS office near you. Or call your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) at 866-836-6678.
4. Mail your completed and signed Renewal Packet to:
P.O. Box 305240
Nashville, TN 37230-5240
5. Fax your completed and signed Renewal Packet to: 855-315-0669
Be sure to keep the page that says your fax went through.
- For help you can call us at 855-259-0701.
- Your local DHS office can help you with your renewal packet. Call 866-311-4287 to find a DHS office near you.
- Call your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) for in-home support at 866-836-6678.
- Find community events through Rural Health Tennessee:
- Are you getting or do you need long term care in CHOICES, ECF, or an IID/ICD? Or, do you have Medicare?
- Are you getting help at a local community mental health center? Call the TennCare Advocacy Line at 855-758-1638.