Whether a child in your care is an existing TennCare member or not, TennCare Kids pages contains resources and information that can assist all parents in Tennessee. On this page, you will find links to resources and information like a wellness road map, school-based services, recommended immunization schedules, and links to other helpful resources.
TennCare Kids Recommended Wellness Road Map
Recommended Immunization Schedule for ages 0-20
Immunizations are vaccines to protect you and your children from getting certain infectious diseases.
About TennCare Kids
TennCare Kids is a full program of checkups and health care services for children from birth through age 20 who have TennCare. These services make sure that babies, children, teens, and young adults receive the health care they need.
What does TennCare Kids provide?
- Free well-child checkups
- Dental checkups and services
- Medical services
- Behavioral health services
- Interperiodic screens as needed
Your child’s FREE medical checkup will include:
- Health history
- Complete physical exam
- Lab tests (as needed)
- ImmunizationsVision/Hearing screening
- Developmental/Behavioral screening (as needed)
- Advice on how to keep your child healthy
Where do you take your child to get a checkup?
- Each Health Plan within TennCare Kids has doctors who are called Primary Care Providers (PCPs). Your child will be assigned a PCP when he/she is enrolled in TennCare.
- If you need help connecting to your PCP, contact your Health Plan for assistance.
Go to TennCareConnect.tn.gov to apply online or call 855-259-0701 to apply over the phone. You can download the paper application in English or Spanish.