Okra and Greens
Prep Time: About 20 minutes
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 6 cups greens (1 pound, shredded)
- 16 okra
- 4 chili peppers (finely chopped and crushed)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large heavy pan, saute onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and about 1/4 cup of water. Simmer over low heat, covered, until greens are tender.
- Squeeze lemon juice before serving.
You can substitute about 2 cups of cut/frozen okra in place of whole okra.
Per serving: 98 calories; 6 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber
Recipe source: www.choosemyplate.gov