Timber Marking Service
Timber Marking Services are provided for purposes such as:
- sustained yield forestry
- where a harvest may not be best silviculturally but may be effective in minimizing harm and providing for the future forest
Timber Marking Services are not provided for purposes such as:
- When timber marking is inadvisable in the opinion of the Area Forester and District Forester, based on TDF availability and silvicultural, economic, and landowner goals
- Conversion of land away from an approved natural resource use
Provide TDF Timber Marking Services where a landowner has evidence of two private consulting foresters that work in the area and have declined to provide the service.
The following documents and publications or current links are helpful and should be provided to the customer:
- Consulting Foresters Directory
- Estimating Volumes of Standing Timber
- Marketing Timber in Tennessee
- Landowner’s Guide to Timber Sale Contracts
- Sample invitation to bid
- Best Management Practices for timber harvesting, log roads, and skidtrails
- See the Tennessee Forestry Association (TFA) website for Master Logger searchable database.
|Timber Marked - Sawtimber (Int'l 1/4 Inch Rule)||$8.80 MBF|
|Timber Marked/Designated - Pulpwood||$30.00 per acre|
How to Request Services
Contact your local Area Forester to request timber marking services by referring to our staff directory.