Notice to Customers

Update May 30, 2023: During this transition (outlined below), some business invoices issued by the Consumer and Industry Services Division have been temporarily delayed.

Invoices for all programs except for Pesticides will be sent by June 9 to the email we have on file for the business.

Invoices for the Pesticides program will be sent through the postal mail.

In all instances, business owners have until July 31 to pay any balances owed.


The Tennessee Department of Agriculture is making it easier for customers to interact with the Division of Consumer and Industry Services.

Invoices, licenses, and permits have a new look in 2023. Streamlining the documents makes them simpler to interpret and understand.

A new, secure online portal is easing access to invoice, license, and permit information. Business owners can see the status of a license or registration, when payment is due, and the balance owed. Additionally, payments can be made online with a credit card or eCheck, eliminating the need to send payments through the mail. 

The following programs transitioned to the new Trace First portal April 5:    

·       Apiary

·       Dairy

·       Food Safety - Manufacturing

·       Food Safety - Retail

·       Metrology

·       Produce

·       Tobacco

As always, we appreciate your partnership in serving the citizens of Tennessee. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Consumer and Industry Services Division at (615) 837-5150.

Grade "A" Pasteurized Milk Ordinance 2015

Dairy Distributor License - In- and out-of-state distributors of Dairy/Frozen Dessert must license trucks to distribute their product in Tennessee. Complete the Dairy Distributor License Application form and email it to Danny Withers or Jenny Strasser.

Dairy Tester License - All testers of milk in Tennessee plants must be licensed. Complete the Dairy Tester License Application form and email it to Danny Withers or Jenny Strasser.

Dairy Sampler License - All people sampling milk in Tennessee, whether at the farm or for milk transport, must have a Sampler/Weighmaster License. Complete the Dairy Sampler License Application form and email it to Danny Withers or Jenny Strasser.  Call (615) 837-5051 to schedule an appointment for testing and evaluation.

Facility Plans Review - Any new dairy barn, any change of dairy ownership, or any change of dairy location, must submit facility plans for review to Danny Withers or Jenny Strasser.  

Dairy Plant License - All Tennessee dairy plants must have an annual license.  Contact Danny Withers or Jenny Strasser for more information.  

Frozen Dessert Product License - All Tennessee plants with Frozen Dessert products must have a license. Contact Danny Withers or Jenny Strasser for more information.  

Tennessee Tuberculosis and Brucellosis Monitoring Program for Sheep and Goats - All sheep and goat dairies wishing to become Grade “A” Certified in the State of Tennessee must meet the requirements set forth in the Grade “A” Pasteurized Milk Ordinance, Section 8, Animal Health. Learn more here.


(615) 837-5051