Fall Weeknight Pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 ounces (~1.5 cups) butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch kale, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound (~2 ¾ cups) orecchiette (or any other any shaped pasta, such as fusilli, farfalle or penne)
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano (or Parmesan or Asiago), to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- While the oven is preheating at 400°F, cut up the bacon and butternut squash. Toss them onto a sheet pan, drizzle with the olive oil, shmoosh them around a little and roast for 30 minutes. At this point, take the sheet pan out, stir in the kale and place back into the oven to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the box’s instructions, usually 9 to 11 minutes or al dente. Drain and add back to the pot. Tip the contents of the sheet pan into the pasta pot and toss with the Pecorino Romano. Add pepper to taste.
Per serving: Calories 761, Total Fat 30g, Sodium 439mg, Total Carbohydrate 96g, Protein 24g
Recipe source: https://food52.com/recipes/77856-fall-weeknight-pasta