Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta
Start your day with a breakfast twist on classic bruschetta: avocados, tomato, hard-boiled egg and ricotta with basil atop toasted rustic whole-grain bread.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (plus 2 tbsp. for garnish)
- 4 eggs (hard-boiled)
- 12 slices whole-wheat baguette bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (reduced fat)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice avocado, tomatoes and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving 2 tbsp. basil for garnish, gently toss first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Total Calories 340, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 190mg, Sodium 434mg, Carbohydrates 32g, Dietary Fiber 9g, Total Sugars 6g, Added Sugars Included 1g, Protein 17g
Recipe source: myplate.gov