Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas:
- Physical activity,
- Healthy eating and
- Tobacco cessation.
The initative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
- March 7 - monthly webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- April 4 - monthly webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- May 2 - monthly webinar at 9 a.m. Central
Events & Activities
- Financial Wellness Webinar Series
Did you know money/finances is one of the main stressors in the lives of Americans? As a part of being healthy, DHS Health & Wellness wants to get “Fiscally Fit” with you. They will be hosting a series of financial wellness webinars in 2019, over various topics.
Save the following calendar invite for future sessions:
THDA presents So You Want to be a Homeowner
- Line Dancing hosted by Finance & Administration's Wellness Council
For February dates, click here to see the calendar.
Andrew Jackson Building (AJB), 500 Deaderick Street, Room 227
1 p.m. - 2 p.m. Central
Enter on the Fifth Avenue side of the building, where you can scan your state ID and walk down the hall to Room 227 on the left.
- We have a NEW email address! If you need to contact us, please do so at WFHT.TN@tn.gov
- Thanks to everyone who attended the Feburary webinar! Click here to see the notes and slides.
- February's Monthly Handout is now up!
- Some of you requested information about ActiveHealth that you could share with employees in your department. Click here to see that info.
- Don't forget to check out your department's Wellness Council dashboard. Email your Regional Wellness Coordinator any missing information you'd like to add.