Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The initiative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
- September 5 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- October 3 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- November 7 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- December 5 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
Events & Activities
- The Department of Finance & Administration hosts a line dancing class that's open to all state employees. Watch this video to learn more!
- Does your Wellness Council have an upcoming event that's open to all departments? Let us know and we will add it here!
- Notes and presentation slides from our August Wellness Council webinar are now on the website. Click here to see them!
- Congratulations to the Department of Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities, winners of the Top 8 Tournment and our Overall Champions for 2019! Click here to see photos of all the winners from our annual celebration.
- Our Facebook and Twitter handles have changed! If you are already following us, this will not disrupt your feed. We have updated links on the website and Point Tracker to reflect the new handle. We are now @WFHTN on both platforms.