Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The initiative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Events & Activities
- All State employees are invited to participate in a virtual stretch break on Fridays at 11:30 a.m. Central. It's hosted by Marcie Stephens, who is a certified yoga teacher and Department of Finance & Administration employee. For meeting details, go to F&A's dashboard.
- The Department of Human Services would like to invite all State employees to participate in their weekly Wednesday 10-minute fitness webinars. Go to their dashboard for meeting details.
- Does your Wellness Council have an upcoming event that's open to all departments? Let us know and we will add it here.
- September is Whole Grains Month! Get a list of great sources of whole grains and learn why they're important for your health in this month's handout. Please share this info with your co-workers!
- Congrats to the Department of Human Resources for winning the Overall Award during our 7th annual awards celebration! Thanks to everyone that joined us for our virtual event on July 29. Congrats to ALL of the award winners! To see a complete list, click here.
- Notes and presentation slides from previous Wellness Council webinars are archived on this website. Click here to see them!