Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas:
- Physical activity,
- Healthy eating and
- Tobacco cessation.
The initative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
- April 4 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- May 2 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- June 6 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- July - no webinar
- August 1 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- September 5 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- October 3 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- November 7 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- December 5 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
Events & Activities
- Line Dancing hosted by Finance & Administration's Wellness Council
(All are Welcome!)
For March dates, click here to see the calendar.
Andrew Jackson Building (AJB)
500 Deaderick Street
Enter on the Fifth Avenue side of the building, where you can scan your state ID.
- Does your Wellness Council have an upcoming event that's open to all departments? Please let us know and we will add it here.
- There are updates to the Budget Request process. Read more here.
- The notes and slides from the March 7th Wellness Council webinar are now up on the website.
- The March monthly handout is now up on the web.
- We have a NEW email address! If you need to contact us, please do so at WFHT.TN@tn.gov
- Some of you requested information about ActiveHealth that you could share with employees in your department. Click here to see that info.
- Don't forget to check out your department's Wellness Council dashboard. Email your Regional Wellness Coordinator any missing information you'd like to add.