Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The initiative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Events & Activities
- The All-Department Physical Activity Challenge is on! The department to reach the highest average physical activity miles between March 23-April 19 will be the challenge winner. Click here for details and challenge resources.
- The Department of Human Services would like to invite all State employees to participate in their weekly Wednesday 10-minute fitness webinars. Go to their dashboard for meeting details and the Webex link.
- The Department of Finance & Administration hosts a line dancing class that's open to all state employees. Watch this video to learn more!
- Does your Wellness Council have an upcoming event that's open to all departments? Let us know and we will add it here.
- April's monthly handout is now on the website. In honor of Stress Awareness Month, we have a list of resources State of TN employees and their dependents can use to cope with and help prevent stress. Please share this handout with your co-workers!
- Notes and presentation slides from previous Wellness Council webinars are archived on this website. Click here to see them!