Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The initative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
- June 6 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- July - no webinar
- August 1 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- September 5 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- October 3 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- November 7 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- December 5 - webinar at 9 a.m. Central
Events & Activities
- The Department of Human Services invites you to join them at 9:30 a.m. Central on Fri., 5/31 for a Red Nose Day walk. Meet in the James K. Polk building in the lobby for a quick (optional) photo, followed by a walk to raise awareness for child poverty.
- Save the date! The Department of Finance & Administration's Wellness Council invites you to a Healthier Lunches webinar on Tues. 6/25 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Central. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Register at bit.ly/FAlunchreg. You'll get tips and ideas for easy, yummy, healthy lunches!
- Does your Wellness Council have an upcoming event that's open to all departments? Let us know and we will add it here!
- Participating in the All-Department Physical Activity: Tour of TN Challenge? Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Our Facebook and Twitter handles have changed! If you are already following us, this will not disrupt your feed. We have updated links on the website and Point Tracker to reflect the new handle. We are now @WFHTN on both platforms.