Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas: physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The initiative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
2020 Webinars (all at 9 a.m. Central)
- January 9
- February 6
- March 5
- April 2
- May 7
- June 4
- No webinar in July
- August 6
- September 3
- October 1
- November 5
- December 3
Events & Activities
- The Department of Human Services would like to invite all State employees to participate in their upcoming wellness webinars. Go to their dashboard to see the schedule and to put the webinar invites on your Outlook calendar.
- The Department of Finance & Administration hosts a line dancing class that's open to all state employees. Watch this video to learn more!
- Does your Wellness Council have an upcoming event that's open to all departments? Let us know and we will add it here!
- Notes and presentation slides from the December Wellness Council webinar are now on the website. Click here to see them!
- With holiday cheer comes the temptation to over-commit, overeat and overspend. Don't let your self-care slip this season. December's monthly handout offers tips to help you have a healthier holiday season.