Working for a Healthier Tennessee is the workplace wellness program for State of Tennessee employees.
We provide each department in the State of TN with the tools and support they need to encourage and enable their employees to lead healthier lives for years to come by focusing on three key areas:
- Physical activity,
- Healthy eating and
- Tobacco cessation.
The initative creates a healthy, positive workplace and shows how taking small steps can help employees achieve their larger goals.
This website is a central location for wellness councils to find communication tools, resources, challenges, monthly webinar archives and many other tools to help keep the employees in your department healthy, happy and motivated.
How does it work?
Click here to find out more about the structure of the program. Note: You may also go to the navigation at the top of this page, click About Us and select Wellness Councils in the drop-down menu.
When was the program implemented?
Save the Date
- February 7 - monthly webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- March 7 - monthly webinar at 9 a.m. Central
- April 4 - monthly webinar at 9 a.m. Central
Events & Activities
- The Department of Human Services is inviting all departments to join their weekly WebEx Wednesday 10-minute fitness classes at 11 a.m. Central. Click here to open an Outlook calendar invite. Before participating, please ensure you've completed the DHS Fitness Waiver (attached to the email invite). Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- The January 3rd Wellness Council webinar notes and slides have been added to the Webinar Archives page.
- The January handout is available now on the Monthly Messages page.
- Don't forget to check out your department's Wellness Council dashboard. Email your Regional Wellness Coordinator any missing information you'd like to add.