Hot & Sour Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 14-ounce package water-packed extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots, cut into thin strips (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons cold water with 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Chop tofu into cubes and set aside.
- In a large pot combine broth, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Stir in tofu, mushrooms and bamboo shoots, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir together cold water and corn starch until dissolved. Pour into pot and stir until soup thickens. Cook 5-10 minutes longer.
Per serving: (using low-sodium chicken broth) Calories: 227 kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 6.8g, Sodium: 1,003mg
Recipe source: https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/hot-sour-soup/