Curried Lentil and Vegetable Stew
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package pre-chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted ketchup
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (17.6 ounce) package steamed cooked lentils (about 2.5 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons plain whole-milk yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Step 1: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 4 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add tomato, curry powder and ketchup; cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
Step 2: Combine stock and flour in a small bowl. Add stock mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in salt and lentils; cook 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in lime juice. Divide lentil mixture among 4 bowls; top evenly with yogurt and cilantro.
This is a quick way to enjoy tasty Indian food straight from your own kitchen!
Per serving: 321 calories; 17 g protein; 57 g carbohydrates; 418 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.cookinglight.com