Beef and Vegetable Soup
One large pot and one hour are all that you need for this hearty soup. Serve it for lunch or dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cans low-sodium whole kernel corn (about 23 ounces)
- 1 can low-sodium carrots (about 15 ounces)
- 1 can low-sodium potatoes (sliced, about 15 ounces)
- 1 can low-sodium diced tomatoes (about 15 ounces)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup macaroni, dry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large pan, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add corn, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and onions to pot.
- Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni, garlic powder and onion powder to pot.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes.
Notes: The recommended safe minimum internal temperature for ground beef is 160 °F, as measured with a food thermometer.
Recipe from USDA