Almost Instant Minestrone
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup dried whole-wheat macaroni
- 4.4 oz. canned red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen diced vegetable mixture
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta following the directions on the box. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Place pasta in a 3-cup capacity glass jar with lid. Top with beans, frozen vegetable mixture, tomato, garlic, tomato paste and pesto. Secure lid. Refrigerate. Place basil in a small snap-lock bag. Refrigerate.
- To assemble: Pour 1 cup boiling water into jar. Stir until tomato paste has dissolved. Secure lid. Stand for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in basil. Serve.
Per serving: Calories 402 kcal; Carbohydrates 56g; Protein 16g; Fat 8.5g; Sodium 472mg; Fiber 14g
Recipe source: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/almost-instant-minestrone/7fc81055-017d-4208-afce-4cbcc58bcffc