Velvety Avocado Pesto Dip
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients for about 3 minutes, or until the mixture is fluffy and creamy.
Guacamole lovers won't be able to resist this creamy avocado dip with flavorful accents of basil and pine nuts. Enjoy it with celery sticks, cucumber spears, carrots and radishes. To evaluate the flavor even more, serve with roasted vegetables, such as broccoli florets and mini bell peppers.
Cover and refrigerate any leftover dip for up to five days.
Per serving: 74 calories; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber
Recipe source: https://recipes.heart.org/en/recipes/velvety-avocado-pesto-dip