No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bites
Need a healthy snack while on the go? This simple treat is much better for you than any processed snack!
- 1/3 cup low calorie granulated sugar blend, such as Splenda sugar blend
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 3 tbsp mini-chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar blend and milk over medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add oats. Stir until oats are evenly coated in the peanut mixture and everything has cooled. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop oat mixture into 1 Tbsp. balls and place on waxed paper. Let cool and refrigerate.
Serving size: 2 bites
Calories: 80; Total Fat: 3.5g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 20mg; Total Carbohydrate: 9mg; Total Sugars: 4g; Protein; 2g; Dietary Fiber: 1g
Recipe source: American Diabetes Association