Healthier Trail Mix
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: 11 (1/4 cup)
- ¾ cup almonds (dry-roasted and lightly salted)
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ¼ cup cashews (dry-roasted and unsalted)
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries (unsulphured and unsweetened or fruit-juice sweetened)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Measure all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir gently to combine. Store in an airtight container.
Trail mix is incredibly versatile! You can mix in different nuts, dried fruits, etc. that you enjoy. Nuts are a source of protein and heart healthy fats. Keep in mind that a serving is approximately a handful or ¼ cup.
Per serving: 183 calories; 4 g protein; 16 g total fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 2 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.fivehearthome.com