Dried Fruit and Nuts
- 1 3/4 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups dried apple chips
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Mix honey, water and cinnamon together.
- Coat mixed nuts with this mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread nuts out in a single layer.
- Roast nuts in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Move nut mixture around to release from bottom of pan.
- Continue to roast for another 10 minutes.
- When nuts are ready to come out of oven, toss with vanilla.
- Let nuts cool completely at room temperature before serving.
- Mix dried fruits and nuts in a large bowl.
- Can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container.
Makes 9 cups