Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours of chill time
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (8 ounces) pitted dates
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 medium fresh avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Process the dates, almonds and avocado in a food processor until the mixture is finely chopped and sticky.
- Add the coconut, chia seeds and cocoa powder. Pulse until the mixture is well combined. Stir in the sunflower seeds.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm and chilled.
- Cut into 16 bars.
Serving size: 1/16 of recipe (1 bar)
Per serving: Calories 150, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 10mg, Carbohydrate 17g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 11g, Protein 4g
Recipe source: https://www.heart.org/-/media/healthy-living-files/healthy-eating/summer_2021_heart_check_recipe_booklet.pdf